no one is smiling and the one guitarist had his back to the audience most of the time... The singer is not being much of a frontman either. He needs to get the audience more involved.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
I don't know if it's just the camera, but it didn't sound great. The playing wasn't bad though. The guitarist on the left had a tone that sounded like the guitar was unplugged, the other guitarists had way too much distortion on. The drums weren't even audible, and the bass was just barely audible. The singer seemed bored and lost. Presence wasn't great either.

Again, playing good, sound bad, though that could be due to the camera.
Not really. Lack of stage presence. Generally disorganised band. Singer below average. The band wasn't tight. Well hopefully one day you'll look back at this video and laugh.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
With better stage presence and different guitar tones that would compliment eachother it would be pretty good. About the guitars - the clean one sounds like its somewhere completely different, it needs different amp settings or cab simulator.
Quote by Mooger
Got any tips?

At practice, bring up the point of stage presence. It's okay to practice, to a point, of course you don't want your whole show to be perfectly choreographed.

Fire the singer (or if you are the singer, practice moar).

As a general rule, look like you know what you're doing. If one of you acts uncomfortable, it'll give the whole thing an uncomfortable, awkward vibe. Use the stage more. Chew the scenery, overplay every movement, and be confident. As much as some would like to avoid it, when you're on stage, you're acting. I'm not saying to start quoting Shakespeare, but you are trying to be interesting to watch.

Keep it up, though, gents!
Guitarist on the right isn't bad, only suggestion there is to not look back at your band mates when your not playing. Your not standing like a statue which is good, but you could be moving A LOT more.

Your singer is awkward as hell, he's sitting back when he needs to be upfront and getting the crowd into it. It's hard to find a good frontman, and probably even harder to learn how to be one. He's staring at you guys half the time when like I said, he needs to be more upfront and moving.

The guitarist on the left has really nothing going for him, presence wise. Just a statue for the most part.

Bassist is the same ^^^

Drummer, get him to do a couple stick tricks, he just needs big movements. An active drummer is one of the small things a lot of times overlooked that can add a lot to a performance.

Overall you need more movement, exaggerated movement, and to get more comfortable on stage. Your job once you hit a stage is to entertain, and what yall did was pretty damn boring to me.
I'm surprised that I'm the only person who mentioned that this bad is not tight, at all. This means that even if you had stage presence, it would just sound like a bunch of random noises anyway.

Practice more basically. Practice moving around at practice. Record your practice sessions and listen back to them as a group. Be honest about what you're hearing and where the songs need work. If you think the songs don't need work, listen to your favourite band, then listen to your recording. If you still don't think the songs need work as above become the guy who doesn't care about anything, progress in ignorance and stuff.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
the worst thing about it by far was the frontmans stage presence/vocal work

Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jet City JCA20H
Orange PPC212
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Boss DD-7
Digitech Whammy IV
Band sounds bored especially the singer so why should the audiance be excited?

Band is not tight and not in a "it could fall apart at any moment" excitement kind of way, just sound not tight and under practiced.

Theres just no animation from any of you. You need a lot of charisma if you dont move much, I have only ever seen one band that can not move much yet still hold the audiance.

You need a lot of work. I mean my band is not 'polished' but we dont want to be as its not our style of music but we are tight so we know each others moves, we are animated and we are lively and engage our auidiance.
-Mithaearon-
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Good News, Bad News....

The good news is, you're young and have plenty of time to 'figure it out'.

The bad? Where to start...

That was just about painful to watch.
1. vocalist was incredibly nervous, as shown by body language and vocal hesitance.
2. Band is functioning as a loose collection of musicians, not a cohesive group.
3. Stage presence was nonexistent, you all acted like you were practicing in your garage instead of playing to the audience.

Best advice I can give?
1. Practice
2. Play live MORE, a LOT MORE.
3. Don't give up!
4-99. Practice

Oh, and fire the cameraman (a tripod and a fixed focus would have done a better job...) and get a decent audio recorder, you can always sync the audio to the video later, but only if you have good audio.
Last edited by Arby911 at Apr 15, 2011,
Quote by Mithaearon

I have only ever seen one band that can not move much yet still hold the audiance.

Just in title of curiosity, who´s that band?
Quote by Mooger
Just in title of curiosity, who´s that band?

skynyrd, greatfull dead, Ozzy (now a days, since he can't run around anymore), just look at him now, he can stand there at a microphone and command 1000s of people.

If you don't have the natural charisma that will let you be able to stand there and hold an audiences attention you really have to make up for it in an actual performance on stage. Moving around, interacting with each other, etc.

Before you even worry about the stage part you HAVE TO become more tight as a band. Not trying to be mean, but that was probably the sloppiest performance I have seen.