Hello Everyone! I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with a problem I am having with one of my guitars. The guitar in question is an American made 2006 Fender Telecaster Deluxe. Next to my PRS Custom 22 this guitar is definitely my favorite. I am having a problem with intonation however. I have adjusted the intonation via standard methods by playing the harmonic at the 12th fret, then the fretted note at the 12th, and then adjusting the saddles accordingly. I have gotten the intonation damn near perfect using this method, but as soon as I fret a Gadd9, or a normal G major for that matter, I immediately hear the horribly sharp B string ring out in agony. If I tune the B string to the G chord and then fret an Emaj then of course the B is horribly flat on the E chord. I am not sure how to go about fixing this other than taking it to a repair shop and honestly if I can fix it myself I would like to. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Last edited by prescott_anthon at Apr 12, 2011,
Thanks GettintheLedout. The site you recommended does seem to be what I am looking for. Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I looked for forums involving guitar repair and didn't notice any so I posted here. I'll get it right next time. Thanks again!