I haven't done a video like this in a while.
It's a slow starter though. If you hang in there for the whole thing, it picks up the pace, I promise.
And the lead work is all improv. I just do several takes, and keep the one I like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLDBT29ofmM

Bass and Piano done in FL Studio 9
Drums done with Addictive Drums (via FL Studio 9)

I know I'm sloppy in places, but it's something I'm working on.

Thanks for checking it out.
SHOOOOOPS
...is my MUSIC as good as muh shoops?

Quote by sglover34479
You know life isn't fair when people like HB are stuck posting on a guitar forum instead of rolling in bitches and cash.
some good ideas in it. like when you first come in.
but some of it wasn't too interesting and in turn didn't make it all that enjoyable to listen to.

Overall the music sounds pretty good. The leads could use a better tone but sound fair. It's just the lead parts aren't too grand.

This is personal opinion, but I think you should actually write something out for it.
Right now it just sounds like random improv.
which is kind of what it is.
Hey thanks! I appreciate all the feedback for sure! And I can see what you mean about some of the parts that drag. I thought that too, but I have a tendency to just run with things, lol.
I will probably wind up toying with this track some more later though.
SHOOOOOPS

Quote by sglover34479
You know life isn't fair when people like HB are stuck posting on a guitar forum instead of rolling in bitches and cash.
Couple of things I noticed. Firstly, it would make it a lot more interesting if the song changed keys or went from minor to major (it sounds minor) somewhere in the piece before you get into the shredding stuff. Something like Always with me, always with you how the first section is major then it goes into a minor section which really mixes it up.

Second note is the delay is wayyyy to heavy when you play the fast runs because the notes become a mess.

I did like it though, just a little bit repetitive but there are some really cool ideas there.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
I really appreciate all the positive criticism you guys. I may end up going back within the week and reshooting it with all of these tips.
SHOOOOOPS

Quote by sglover34479
Hey buddy, how are you?

Here i'm going to review the song itself - not the sound quality - cause that's just what I do

"What Do I Have to Do?" is the type of instrumental I like. I can't say how I love instrumentals, and this one is really great. Being a fan of shredding guitars, I liked it at the first listen. You're skilled, it shows in that song and it rocks! I don't know if you know a band called "Galneryus"? Go check "Requiem" from them, I hate to do comparisons, but it reminded me of that. It has the same vibe and it's really great Make it downloadable !

+1 for the rain sound/video

:3

C4C? You can review my song there if you want: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1431159
DeadlySurprise.com
Hey man, thanks for the review and the compliments! I've never heard of them, but will check them out as soon as I'm done checking out your song.
SHOOOOOPS

Quote by sglover34479