I have had a Danelectro DC-59 for a couple months, bought it off a guy for $200, and I knew when I bought it that the action was a bit high, nothing that gave intonation problems, just something you notice when you play another electric with a real nice action. I'm used to it, my acoustic has the same thing, but my acoustic has a truss rod, when I restringed my danelectro the other day I took off the nut which also served as a plate cutting off the fingerboard where I thought I'd tind a truss rod, turns out there isn't one. So my question is should and could I replace this neck with something like a fender telecaster neck? Will it work out? Because I don't want to buy another danelectro neck with not truss rod >.< and so would it be worth it or should I save my money? I really like the guitar, but give me opinions and advice please.

I can post pictures if requested of the neck along with its connection to the body, but I'll wait for the requests.
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
I bet you it does have one. Look at the heel of the neck.

I promise there's not one
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel

thread.
danelectros are originally cheap guitars, now the remakes are nicely priced but the corner cutting is still there. one of which is no truss rod or at least a sealed non adjustable one.

I am not sure about the neck, it might work. the only issue is danos are hollow with a rim, and it's not made for a tele neck, any carving to make it fit might compromise it's structural integrity
Last edited by askrere at Apr 13, 2011,
Quote by LeviMan_2001
My dano has a truss rod.... It's a 90's reissue. Have you unbolted the neck? On mine you wouldn't know until you had.

Maybe that's it, I thought that would be a little unreasonable place for it. I think mine is 97 one so should I just take it into a luthier and ask them to adjust it?? I really don't want to unbolt the neck ha

oh and is the truss rod adjustable in yours?
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel

thread.
Last edited by 801Current at Apr 13, 2011,
yeah said the original reissues had a non adjustable aluminum...soo, any advice??
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel

thread.
anybody know where I could get a neck for one of these preferebly a neck with a truss rod that I can put on this body??
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel

thread.
According to various sources it seems like it might have a non-adjustable truss rod, no truss rod or a heel-accessed truss rod. Just unbolt the neck and look for it. It's really not a very uncommon place for the truss rod nut. Countless Fenders have it there and it's a good idea, structurally speaking.
Quote by Pikka Bird
According to various sources it seems like it might have a non-adjustable truss rod, no truss rod or a heel-accessed truss rod. Just unbolt the neck and look for it. It's really not a very uncommon place for the truss rod nut. Countless Fenders have it there and it's a good idea, structurally speaking.

I will do that, but from what I found is that the reissues from 1998-current all have the adjustable red, and the 1997 original resissues have aluminum non adjustable rods mine is a 97.
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel

thread.
^Yeah, I also found some info that said as much, but I also read conflicting intel on some forum... Anyways, you can unbolt a neck with the strings on and all as long as you have a good grip on it while you loosen the screws. However, if you have the nut off then there are probably no strings to worry about.
Okay, unbolted the neck, loosened the strings, but it didn't matter cause they fell off the bridge when the neck came off..anyway...It looks like its adjustable, would a non-adjustable even be showing?? I don't want to twist a non adjustable one
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel

thread.
It looks like a 1/4" allen wrench (about) would fit....righty tighty right??? and about how many turns would it take... anyway please advise and let me know if non adjustable truss rods ever show and look adjustable because that would suck if I try and turn a non adjustable rod
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel

thread.
Hey well thanks for the advice, turns out it's adjustable and I'm playing a real nice action now all problems solved. thanks
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel

thread.
^^Great! I'm thinking maybe some of the people who say that they are non-adjustable just don't realize that the adjuster is at the heel.