Hey everyone, I just need a simple answer here because I just realized how cheap Bugeras were new. I am not very familiar with Bugeras, but are they any reliable? --also which head should I look into if I were going for a high gain sound for power-metal and neoclassical shred?

Sorry to burden you with a thread like this-- but any help will do. Truly all my thanks to you all.
They're not exactly built like tanks, but they won't spontaneously combust, either. Treat an amp with care and it'll generally return the favour.

Keep a fire-extinguisher ready anyway...
Bugera 6262 that's the one I got and I play melodeath (as you can tell by my name) which is pretty similar and sounds amazing. I've had it for 1 and 1/2 years no problems
Quote by TheQuailman
They're not exactly built like tanks, but they won't spontaneously combust, either. Treat an amp with care and it'll generally return the favour.

Keep a fire-extinguisher ready anyway...

I have firetrucks at all my gigs in-case I play my guitar into spontaneous combustion anyways.
Honestly it depends. Some people have had nothing but trouble; others have had nothing but heartache.

They're worth a shot though. Like Duck said, take care of it and it'll take care of you.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Any opinions as to whether I should go for the 6262 or the 333XL?

Edit; holy crap hold up. The 6262 and the 6262 infinium are two different things? Whaat--
Last edited by pdxhwa at Apr 12, 2011,
Well the 333XL is a knockoff of the JSX, and the 6262 is a knockoff of the 6505.

IIRC the 6505 has more gain on tap than the 333XL, but honestly I kinda like the idea of three channels: one clean, one rhythm, one lead.

EDIT: As far as I'm concerned the "Infinium" technology is bullshit.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
The 333 or 333XL or whatever would be great. I have a (now broken) JSX and they we're pretty comparable in sound. Honestly Bugera has done quite a good job at capturing the sounds of other amps. The JSX can be just as metal as a 6505 IMO, just personal preference. Very versatile amp, plenty of gain on tap for what you need. On a side note, I prefered the Bugera's clean channel to my JSX's, the JSX is just so... sterile.
Quote by TheQuailman
but they won't spontaneously combust, either.

that's a half-truth

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
there is a thread specifically for bugera's, that's prolly the best place to start looking.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Amen, My bugera brother Gundamnitpete.

head on over to the Bugera Users militia.

Most people that have problems with Bugera were owners of the older ones where Bugera used a shitty plastic clip that would melt when it got really hot, which tube amps do.

And in tern, would kill the amp, and would have to resolder, they fixed the problem now though, I have the 333XL and I prefer the tone of it compared to many more expensive amps.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Apr 12, 2011,
Too bad the Bugera thread is 1/4 reasonable and helpful people, and 3/4 drooling retards. I'm suspecting it's been created as a way for EG to infiltrate GG&A.

As far as Bugeras that would work for neoclassical, that's tough. I feel the V22 and V55, albeit having plenty of gain, sound a bit too "soft" for that stuff (with the 55 maybe qualifying, not sure). The 6260 and 6260 are definitely too modern sounding, as is the 1990. I think the 333 (XL), while still being as modern as they come, can be tamed down a bit and produce the most convincing neoclassical/shred kind of tone, so I'd say it's worth looking into.
Quote by TheQuailman
Too bad the Bugera thread is 1/4 reasonable and helpful people, and 3/4 drooling retards. I'm suspecting it's been created as a way for EG to infiltrate GG&A.

As far as Bugeras that would work for neoclassical, that's tough. I feel the V22 and V55, albeit having plenty of gain, sound a bit too "soft" for that stuff (with the 55 maybe qualifying, not sure). The 6260 and 6260 are definitely too modern sounding, as is the 1990. I think the 333 (XL), while still being as modern as they come, can be tamed down a bit and produce the most convincing neoclassical/shred kind of tone, so I'd say it's worth looking into.

i check in there everyday to help out and answer questions. I would really like to know the usernames of said "retards"

And as far as neoclassicla shred, here's what my 6262 sounds like doing that kinda thing:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8449636/swamphell.mp3
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera Sherbert
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Wait for the Bugera Power Sphere, it should be out at winter Namm and is almost perfect for what you after.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Does one exist? Or is this just a joke?

joke.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
No Joke, the Sphere is coming!!!!

+1 on the Sherbert.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness