Gorgeous but I gotta ask, how do you 'de-VOS' a guitar? I thought Gibson did all that stuff like, right in the finish. I can't imagine it is an easy task to get it looking all sparkly new.
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by grohl1987
Gorgeous but I gotta ask, how do you 'de-VOS' a guitar? I thought Gibson did all that stuff like, right in the finish. I can't imagine it is an easy task to get it looking all sparkly new.

Elbow grease mostly and the right polishes.
Moving on.....
Quote by Darkflame
is that a 2-piece back?
it looks beautiful budday, hngd

Hell no!
Moving on.....

WOW! HNGD!
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
whats VOS?

Vinatge Old Stpck?

Nice guitar, good to see its not relcid to hell and back.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Darkflame
haha sorry, it's just that they seem to be of 2 shades on the pic :P

No problem, I think if you look closely it's the reflection of the side of the case!
Moving on.....
i never really liked gold tops before, but that sucker has changed my mind.

beautiful!
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Sweet! HNGD!
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Quote by Tom 1.0
whats VOS?

Vinatge Old Stpck?

Nice guitar, good to see its not relcid to hell and back.
"Vintage original spec" though when people say de-VOS it, they mean to polish it up. Gibson skips the polish to give it a slightly worn-in look, but the problem is that it makes the finish feel weird and gunky.

Nice guitar though, I want an R7 badly, but necks are enormous and I'm not quite sure if I can deal with them.
Last edited by al112987 at Apr 13, 2011,
wow, very nice i wish i could afford a VOS les paul, they are amazing guitars. i remember the first time i picked one up, it was a R8, i turned into nigel tufnel for the next few minutes while that guitar sustained an open a chord.

then i played another one which had an amazingly distinctive reedy quality to the tone, it was unusual and "wrong" but it was an utterly amazing sound. i know i'll never find another one that sounds like that

HNGD
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.