Good stuff dude. Well played (keeping time on the hi-hat/coordinating all 4 limbs isn't easy, respect!) and I like the sound of your kit. Also, major props for making videos that don't sound like bubble wrap popping

Bit of nitpicking but I notice you kind of bury the stick into the snare once you hit it. You should let it bounce off instead and then just suspend it in midair, especially when your hands aren't crossed ie. you're riding on the crash or something, it's a good habit to get into and promotes more efficient movement
Last edited by Steve08 at Apr 13, 2011,
Props on your Spitfire cover, I love that song and so fun to play

But yeah it was good, your drums weren't overpowering the song or sounding like, as Steve said, bubble wrap popping, always good
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Thanks for all your comments Always nice to hear positive feedback

Quote by Steve08
Good stuff dude. Well played (keeping time on the hi-hat/coordinating all 4 limbs isn't easy, respect!) and I like the sound of your kit. Also, major props for making videos that don't sound like bubble wrap popping

Bit of nitpicking but I notice you kind of bury the stick into the snare once you hit it. You should let it bounce off instead and then just suspend it in midair, especially when your hands aren't crossed ie. you're riding on the crash or something, it's a good habit to get into and promotes more efficient movement

I've heard that about my playing before but I never knew it was detrimental. I'll start letting it bounce off more from now then, I think the only reason I do it is because I spent a while trying to get good rimshots which now completely tears my stick up

Quote by Skinny91
Props on your Spitfire cover, I love that song and so fun to play

But yeah it was good, your drums weren't overpowering the song or sounding like, as Steve said, bubble wrap popping, always good

Agreed on Spitfire Their recent film inspired me to do that video
Also, losen up your left wrist while playing. you are using a lot of your arm on hi hat parts. the more wrist you use, the smoother, quicker, more efficient, and more accurate your playing will be able to be.