Thanks for looking
So I have an amp (line6 120w )( Piece of m#^f •*<|~ $h|t) , a guitar and a set of Stereo headsets. I plug in my stereo headsets in to the amp but I can only get one speaker to play. If I wiggle the headphone cable at the amp I can hear the opposite headphone speaker slightly. Is there a fix to where both sides play?
The wire has broken, partly or entirely. You could strip the insulation away and solder it back together, but it'll look messy, likely break again and sound fairly awful.

Just buy new ones.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Obviously the wiring in the headset is faulty.

But what you really need is a new amp.
Quote by goest
Obviously the wiring in the headset is faulty.

But what you really need is a new amp.

He's gonna end up buying a new amp 'cause of you. Good job.
can you hear the other speaker if you pull the jack out a little? The output could be a mono jack, is it meant for headphones?
...more than likely, your headphones and amp are fine.
kaptink is probably right ...if so all you need is a mono to stereo adapter from the whack ...I mean the shack

...'course not true stereo will come out, but same on rt and left headphones.
Quote by kaptink
can you hear the other speaker if you pull the jack out a little? The output could be a mono jack, is it meant for headphones?

Exactly! If I pull it out a little bit then the other side works. What do I need to get for both speakers to work?
Try your headphones on something else first, to see if you get sound out of both sides from that. That will tell us if the cause is the amp, or the headphones.
Quote by herby190
Try your headphones on something else first, to see if you get sound out of both sides from that. That will tell us if the cause is the amp, or the headphones.

Hey. Both sides work through my mp3 player it's on when the headphones are in the amp.
Quote by APE20
Exactly! If I pull it out a little bit then the other side works. What do I need to get for both speakers to work?

(Invalid img)

This is what a stereo jack should look like. If you look at your headphone jack you should see two black lines like on the diagram. On there "S" is the ground i think while "T&R" are each going to a side of your phones.

So either the amp has a mono output for some weird reason where one of the long connectors on the input isn't there or the jack is stereo and one of the connectors has been bent back a bit so its not touching the input jack.
Quote by Skullivan
He's gonna end up buying a new amp 'cause of you. Good job.

It's a Line 6. He needs a new amp anyway.
you need to replace your headphone wire.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking