Right now I have a crappy 30 watt Traynor, and want to upgrade to something Blackstar (I know it might be a gimmick, but that ISF thing seems awesome and they're fairly cheap).

I have been looking at the "Venue" Series, and have decided on either getting the HT Stage 60 combo, or the HT 100H Head.

I'm in a band, and we're just starting to get off the ground a little. I would think that the head and combo would be better, cuz thats what the pros use, but the combo just seems like it would be in a "nicer package".

I've been playing for a couple years, but I don't know if it makes sense to spend money on a head and cab vs. a combo, when the head itself is just as expensive as the combo. If I was to get the head, I would get a 2x12 cab, not gigging yet, and the 100 watts in the head seems to be more than enough when the 30 watts of my Traynor was only falling a bit short of what I wanted.

Any other thoughts/suggestions? It seems like the HT-5 head would be a little small I was also looking at the Orange Tiny Terror too. Seems pretty cool.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
If you arent gigging, i wouldnt say you guys are "off the ground" yet. You dont know exactly how this band will do, so play it safe and get a 75-100 watt combo for now. Something big enough for small gigs, but easy enough to haul around. No use hauling a cab/head around if you are just a bedroom rockstar without a band. Make sure you get a combo with the features you need, and dont go for a "gimmick". Try a few amps out and see what sounds best. If it happens to be the "gimmicky" one, so be it, but dont get baited by a selling tool.
Ps, i dont know what you play or your budget, but im an avid supporter of MESA.
I don't really know what we play. Double bass drums with two Drop D guitarists, and a bassist, and our vocalist usually screams. I wasn't in it at the time, but this band has played for our school talent show, and thats as far as i know. We SHOULD be playing more gigs in the summer, but "should" is the big word here.

And with getting a head and cab (not too worried about brands) that'll last me forever really until I want to change my tone, and changing a cab would be an easier and cheaper way to change my tone...no? Not as much as changing the head, I would assume.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
And with getting a head and cab (not too worried about brands) that'll last me forever really until I want to change my tone, and changing a cab would be an easier and cheaper way to change my tone...no?

That's one advantage in owning a head+cab, you can easily upgrade your head or speakers should your tone tastes ever change.

Also, cabs have a huge impact on how your amp sounds. A $1k Mesa cab loaded with Celestion V30's is going to sound a shitload better than a $200 Marshall MG cab loaded with Celestion "Custom Designed" speakers. Changing cabs will definitely change your tone.

Another thing: if you plan on getting a 2x12 combo, you might as well forget it and just get a head+2x12 cabinet. 2x12 tube combos are a PAIN IN THE ASS to carry and you will regret it if you ever start gigging. With a 2x12 half stack, you can carry each part separately. And even if you don't start gigging soon, so what? It's not like it's against the law that says that you must be a gigging/professional musician in order to own a halfstack (although a lot of members here seem to think it is).