I started bass after playing guitar, I figured it couldnt be THAT different.

Long story short....it was I'd like some help please sugest some tips

thanx in advance
it isnt that different
its a completely different instrument but the machanics are the same

what exactly is your problem?
Use your fingers, and try playing with all 4, or at least 3 if you can. Pinky can be kind of tricky but the 3rd finger shouldn't be that hard you've just got to practice. Good excercise for the 3rd finger would be Iron Maiden songs because of all the galloping and the 3rd finger's good for that.
Also, seeing as you're not usually the lead instrument anymore, try listening to some bass stuff and really listen for the changes and their 'groove' so you can make up your own and when you go to play you can really lay it down. Because honestly, the bass IS the coolest instrument in the band
Strength through pain. Learn crazy solos. If you can't play them, practice slow and get faster until you can. Play hard, and if it hurts, keep playing hard. When you start to bleed, practice playing softly, like some blues or something. Thats how I started playing bass.
I play guitar in a funky death metal band called Lobotomizer. Listen to our demo here.
I also slap the bass and I'm learning how to tame the sax.
I go to school at Ex'pression College for Digital Arts. Any questions about it? Ask me.
Most of it is a matter of strength - you just have to do it for a couple of months and it'll get easier with time. Concentrate on fretting accurately as to avoid fret-buzz and just play a lot. Learn a couple of riffs you like and play them over and over and over. Try a 12-bar-blues for starters.
Guitar is physically easier to play due to less stretching and less resistance of the strings. With that said, bass is a different instrument. It has a different purpose in a band and it needs to be treated differently.
Quote by Fingerboy18
Guitar is physically easier to play due to less stretching and less resistance of the strings. With that said, bass is a different instrument. It has a different purpose in a band and it needs to be treated differently.

ya ur right. I actually think bass is more important than guitar because it sets the rythm
You could actually start out playing with a pick if you want since you are a guitar player and it will most likely feel more confortable for you.