I'm having troubles with playing part of the riff of Bat Country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsZy3I6colo

0:10

It's 7 notes in the span of 1 second basically.

It goes something like

e-------------------
b-------------------
g-------------------
d-------------------
a-------------------
D----5-3-5-6-5-3-0

Any tips on how to pull it off?
Last edited by Jakexx at Apr 12, 2011,
I only pick the first and fourth note
Quote by Will Swanson
When I pee, it's like squeezing toothpaste out of a tube.

So, to answer your question, no.
Hmmm, so basically hammer ons? I'll try. Any other suggestions?
now would be a good time to practice alternate picking
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
now would be a good time to practice alternate picking

It's the left hand that can't keep up
yeah repetition is the mother of skill, no matter what hand is falling behind you need to synchronize your right and left hands. so play it slow first, and repeat it over and over again. google metronome use the first one and play one note per click, set it on the fastest setting u can play it at, and play it 20 or so times without messing it up, then bump it up 1 or 2 settings. you'll get it. it took me a while when i first learned this song.
Quote by Jakexx
It's the left hand that can't keep up

you just need to work out your fingers more, and always remember not to fret much harder than you need to. do chromatic exercises! they helped me a lot. 1-3-2-4-1-3-2-4.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
you just need to work out your fingers more, and always remember not to fret much harder than you need to. do chromatic exercises! they helped me a lot. 1-3-2-4-1-3-2-4.

Do what this guy said pretty much.

For alternate picking practice just do 1234 up and down the strings and also up and down the neck on individual strings.

As for the Riff itself.. play it slowly, and play it clean and build up speed. That riff is not hammer ons so don't listen to that other guy.
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
Practice it.
I also had problem on that part when i was learning bat country, its just a matter of practice and patients.
And yeah, alternate pick it. It aint saying you should use hammer ons and pull offs (if you wanna play the original way) but you can do it.