Hi guys

I saw a nice looking 2003 Gibson Les Paul Historic 57 1957 RI R7 Standard today and was wondering is it genuine i have read some great threads helping me so much so thanks guys just im a bit confused still on 2 things really.i see new these guitars are 2000 pounds upwards it seems and i was wondering is what i have described to u the same as a Gibson Les Paul custom R7 i worried its a standard as this is not what i was looking for and not a custom r7 i have the id code from the neck of the guitar.731648. so input id much appreciate
Quote by Rosewood55
Hi guys

I saw a nice looking 2003 Gibson Les Paul Historic 57 1957 RI R7 Standard today and was wondering is it genuine i have read some great threads helping me so much so thanks guys just im a bit confused still on 2 things really.i see new these guitars are 2000 pounds upwards it seems and i was wondering is what i have described to u the same as a Gibson Les Paul custom R7 i worried its a standard as this is not what i was looking for and not a custom r7 i have the id code from the neck of the guitar.731648. so input id much appreciate

The serial number (731648) is perfectly correct for a 2003 1957 Les Paul Re-issue. I'm guessing it's a goldtop as it's unlikely to be a custom finish. With that serial number it is definitely a CS Historic guitar not a Standard.

If you have any pictures that would help although from what you've described it sounds fine.

Enjoy your new guitar!