So I may be in the wrong forum here, sorry if that's the case.

Anyways I recently started playing bass in a band, but I have to leave the halfstack for it at the place where we practice, it's just too big to be moving around a lot. I don't have a practice amp yet, and so I've been forced to play unplugged, and it's just not cutting it.

So I was brainstorming that problem today and it occurred to me that I may have the means to play it through my computer. Here's what I was planning: Using a double male cord with a jack adapter on one end (so it'll be the right size for the bass input) and plugging it in to my computer through the microphone jack and getting a program that would act as an amp. Does anyone know of a way I could do this?

Btw, the bass is an Ibanez ATK, with active pups if it matters.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
I'd just buy a POD.

Sure, it's Line 6, but it's pretty cool for practicing.

Either that, or get a stethoscope and duct tape it to the upper horn.
Have you tried fapping?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Put the head stock of the bass on the wall. Play. If you did it correctly, your entire room is now a giant amplifier.
Quote by goest
I'd just buy a POD.

Sure, it's Line 6, but it's pretty cool for practicing.

Either that, or get a stethoscope and duct tape it to the upper horn.

That doesn't make it bad. Many commercial releases have had guitar tones created by POD farm.

TS - it'll sound like shit if you do it like that. You need an interface - look into a Line 6 Pod Studio GX or something similar.
Quote by mattkendell
Have you tried fapping?

I did, only accomplished making my fretboard sticky.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Quote by Meelad360
That doesn't make it bad. Many commercial releases have had guitar tones created by POD farm.

TS - it'll sound like shit if you do it like that. You need an interface - look into a Line 6 Pod Studio GX or something similar.

I like having the actual pedals, though.
Why don't you just get a new cab and just take the head back and forth ?
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

This is the only appropriate time for "what you really need is a new amp" and no one rose to the occasion.
Yeah, just shake your head back and forth, It'l make it louder
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Quote by Meelad360

Line 6 does make some really cool stuff, people just seem to think that since the spiders are awful the other products must be awful as well.

and you definitely need an interface TS.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.