Page 1 of 6
I was looking thought the Obama voting said, and saw a few people who were talking about how Regan was the greatest U.S president ever. This made me wonder about who you guys consider the best U.S president to be. Since there are too many to make a poll, I just want people to post the president's name, and why you think they are great. I might make a poll later, if there's a consensus on a top 10.

Personally, I really like Richard Nixon (seriously). Even though he was kind of an asshole, he did end the Vietnam War (only after escalating it, but hey, he ended it), put environmental reforms into effect, navigated a couple crises with the Soviets and also opened up trade with China.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Obama.

Actually, it was Bill Clinton. Proven fact.
Last edited by goest at Apr 12, 2011,
Off the top of my head I would say Kennedy, despite his flaws, he is the most recent President that I think really spoke from passion. The man could make a country feel proud to be American, Looking back at his speeches, I almost feel the same way. No president since has ever made a speech comparable to Kennedy's.

Or maybe Hoover? I always heard Hoovervilles were the rage back in the days.
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
Ronnie Reagan was a douchebag. If you're not going to pick Washington then I think it has to be Thomas Jefferson, who was basically the driving intellectual force behind the US Constitution.
Andrew Jackson, eliminated National Debt and was not afraid to take military action when necessary, he also reduced the Federal Government considerably and gave more power to the states.
Last edited by Spartan101400 at Apr 12, 2011,
Quote by afterthewar
But Why Dammit!?!

Hoover was just a prime example of an excellent tea party leader. I mean when the country was going to shit he did the right thing and did absolutely nothing.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Clinton
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Dude ****ing Calvin Cooledge!

Even his name had cool in it!
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Theodore Roosevelt was the greatest president of the United States
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by The Uncreator
Off the top of my head I would say Kennedy, despite his flaws, he is the most recent President that I think really spoke from passion. The man could make a country feel proud to be American, Looking back at his speeches, I almost feel the same way. No president since has ever made a speech comparable to Kennedy's.

Or maybe Hoover? I always heard Hoovervilles were the rage back in the days.

See, this guy knows what's up, he was so popular the downtrodden named their temporary homes after him, and he even sanctioned the building of one the greatest engineering spectacles in history.
Quote by Spartan101400
Andrew Jackson, eliminated National Debt and was not afraid to take military action was necessary, he also reduced the Federal Government considerably and gave more power to the states.

He was also responsible for the Trail of Tears and other atrocities against the native americans.

I say FDR.
Check out my band Disturbed
Washington. Only president we've ever had not in a political party I've disliked.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
My vote goes to Franklin Delano Roosevelt. The man might have been a bit shrewd, but he did a damn good job leading the US through the Great Depression and almost all of World War II.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fdr
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Reagan was a good president, but I think George Washington takes the cake, the man refused to be crowned king of America, and only served 2 terms, and left on his own will knowing full well he could of stayed the president for much longer than that.

A humble man is always the better man.
Lincoln. ****in reunited the States.
I make house muuuusic!
www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola

My Gear:
Schecter Tempest custom
Pro Co Rat Duecetone Distortion
Boss Space Echo
Boss Super Chorus
Line 6 Verbzilla
Digitech Jam-man
Peavey ValveKing 212
Andrew Jackson, threw a massive party in the white house after he won where he invited the public and left the place completely trashed.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by StewieSwan
He was also responsible for the Trail of Tears and other atrocities against the native americans.

I say FDR.

Not true, you can blame the Georgia State Government for that, Jackson had to abide by the interest of the people.
FDR, brought us out of the depression and preserved our forests.
Quote by Spartan101400
Not true, you can blame the Georgia State Government for that, Jackson had to abide by the interest of the people.

Since when? Did Eisenhower abide by the interest of the people when he deployed the military enforce integration with the Little Rock Nine? Just because the people want something that is clearly wrong doesn't mean the leaders have to follow them.
Quote by tayroar
Since when? Did Eisenhower abide by the interest of the people when he deployed the military enforce integration with the Little Rock Nine? Just because the people want something that is clearly wrong doesn't mean the leaders have to follow them.

You can blame Georgia for invading the Cherokee Nation, a sovereign state, and attempting to force them to leave, besides, major movement of Native Americans didn't happen until Van Buren's administration.
FDR, followed by Teddy. Yeah, I've got a thing for the Roosevelts.

Of recent presidents, I'd say Clinton.

Of early presidents, I'd say Jefferson.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway