My band is using sonar 3 to record our demo and we have all the tracks recorded the playback is good we just have no idea how to correctly get it on a cd. Today I got the 3 tracks onto a blank CD by choosing the option to export it as an OMF file. So now I have this disk with our songs on it but they're in OMF form and are only playable through the recording program. How can I change the form to something that can be read and played through Itunes/Windows Media Player ect. Any help is appreciated
when i tried converting it to the mp3 some error message came up all it allowed me to export it as was an OMF. is there anyway i can convert that to mp3?
1. Select the audio data wish to be included in the wave file you're going to burn to the CD.
2. Choose File| Export Audio.
3. Name the file, Choose the RIFF Wave file format, set the bit depth to 16 and sample rate to 44100. Select a saving location, and click export.
4. Take the resulting .WAV to your CD creation software, and you're ready to burn your CD.
i got all of those settings set but when i go file/export/audio and then have it as a riff wave i go to the folder where the recording is and theres no option to select it. i tried the omf one more time and i got it on a cd but it only plays through windows media player it didnt play through a cd player or my stereo in my car. any other advice?
Quote by zchavez09
when i tried converting it to the mp3 some error message came up all it allowed me to export it as was an OMF. is there anyway i can convert that to mp3?

MP3 is proprietary ... you have to buy a license for Sonar to use it.

Export to WAV, use a program like winLAME to convert the wav file to mp3.