I have this weird thing where I usually like something that is widely considered the "lesser" work of a great artist, more than I like their widely considered masterwork. For example, my favorite book by John Kennedy Toole isn't Confederacy of Dunces, but his first novel, The Neon Bible. I like The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse a lot more than their major work (according to Pitchfork at least) The Moon and Antartica.

Does anybody else do something like this? Or is it just me?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Quote by goest
I like St. Anger.

Well I mean, it is Metallica's only halfway decent album (its still terrible though).
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Quote by afterthewar
Well I mean, it is Metallica's only halfway decent album (its still terrible though).

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
If you mean artists that I think are great, I prefer T-Pain's non-singles to his singles.
Quote by zgr0826

I would bet money you searchbar Metallica all day to make sure nobody's hatin', am I right?
Radiohead-Thinking About You from the album Pablo Honey
The Offspring-The Meaning of Life from Ixnay
Tonic-Lemon Parade title track from Lemon Parade
Quote by LesPaulGuy514
I would bet money you searchbar Metallica all day to make sure nobody's hatin', am I right?

If I could, I would.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Load, ReLoad, St. Anger.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by zgr0826
If I could, I would.

If I could, I would do it with GNR and Led Zeppelin. I know where you coming from.
oh!!! Its a Metallica thread! I get it now. I like The Call of Ktulu from Ride the Lightning. The other Metallica songs I like are mainstream and the rest are crap! Maybe not crap but boring filler.
Yay, I did it
Quote by MakinLattes
The Disintegration of the Persistence of Memory is better than The Persistence of Memory. that's a fact.

Agreed.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group