here is a short little thing i did, with a depressing subject matter. About a guy who no one wants to talk to, and no one wants around, not even his mother. I guess it sort of makes fun of the situation in a way.

http://www.box.net/shared/e0ztaehxqf
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
i thought that rocked. I love how the guitar is rather upbeat, yet the song is supposed to be depressing. pretty good stuff!

from a production standpoint, the guitar sounded good, but vocals sounded a bit distant and boxy. Were they recorded together? if so, try recording them separately.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I REALLY LOVE THE SINGING! The guitar part is very good too. Very well written. As the others have said, I love how its a sad song, but the guitar is upbeat. Thats the kind of thing that makes a GREAT song. This is one of the better songs Ive ever heard ANYONE make on UG. Great job man!
I like it dude. Its got a real cool tone to it, i like the speed of the song. You did a great job on the lyrics.. The only thing i could say is your voice would sound better with the effects off, i can't tell what track the effects are on but there is kind of a hum and it adds a little reverb to your voice. It takes away from the soft sound of the music. Overall it's a good song and good job.
Check out my songs if you don't mind!!!
wow, that was really good. everything about it was good. i dont think that the vocals sounded
distant or boxy except for just a couple times when i couldnt really understand what you were saying. but otherwise, it was awesome. nothing bad to say. go make another masterpiece lol
There is a saying in poetry, "show me, don't tell me." here you are announcing everything, like an announcer to a sporting event. "Dave has the ball. Dave passes the ball. Dave picks his ass."

~Zanascross

XD epic win
it's great to hear comments like this, especially for someone like me because i tend to doubt myself and my abilities.
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
This is really good! I love upbeat songs with somewhat depressing meanings or subject matter. Both the vocals and guitar sound great, but the vocals do sound a little distant in some spots. It's no big deal though, I really like the style and sound of them. This kind of reminds me of the White Stripes. It's definitely one of the best things I've heard on here. Great job!