hey i got a new ibanez rg370dx with edge III and no matter how much i tune it up it wont say in tune, Ives loosened the locking nuts, then tuned it to standard but each string i tune perfectly just goes out out of tune after i do a different string...ive even tried to just tune it string by string without going back to them...then locking the nuts an use the fine tuners, but that doesnt seem to work either, please help
either watch alot of youtube videos on how to set up a floating tremolo, or if you don't feel comfortable doing it, take it to a shop and ask them to set it up. this option does require money.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Boss ME-70
Martin DC-1E
Peavey Classic 30
Greer Amps Relic Drive

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

Drown out the noise...
... KILL DURDEN!
What gauge string you using? Maybe tighten the springs a little.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Thanks for your replies guys, i managed to suss it, as im not too experienced in floating trems, i just had to cross tune, Nice, now i know from now on sweet as...gonna let my strings sit for a bit to stretch..
"Cross tune" is the solution i think. I tune strings 6-5-4 then start again at 6 and go through to 3 etc. I tune to about 0.25-0.5 of a step flat, lock the nut and then fine tune. Eventually you should hit a balance where it stays in tune if it's set up for your tuning.

Edit: guess i should have looked up
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Last edited by nitestick at Apr 13, 2011,