I need help choosing a cabinet.

The head I have is a cheap Behringer GMX1200H, and recently I had my eye on the Behringer BG412V, since that has been said to go well with the GMX1200H, and it seemed like a pretty good cabinet in general.

Except, I kind of forgot that what I'm going to almost definitely be purchasing very very soon is a Line 6 POD XT Live, and I will bypass the head and just use it as a power amp to power the cabinet, with the POD XT Live for all distortion and effects without the GMX1200H. This is where I suddenly noticed that if i'm going to do this (which I am...) then I don't necessarily need a cabinet that goes particularly well with my GMX1200H, because it is simply being used as a power amp. This is where I'm pretty stuck, because since then I just had my eye on the Behringer BG412V, but now I think that I will be able to find a better cabinet.

Right now I'm using these studio monitors as speakers which we basically found in the garage haha, but to be honest I don't think they're that bad. They're Linear Phase 8812 speakers.

I play mainly hard rock and metal, not super-heavy stuff, but things like Canon Rock and I'm Alright are good examples of the songs I play. My price range is NOT THAT HIGH. Try and not let it go over £200, unless it is exceptionally good value. Also I am.. reasonably.. happy to buy used, but I would be a lot happier if they were new. I'm pretty sure I need a 4x12 cabinet as well. I also live in the UK.

Thank you so much, because I had no idea where to start looking for cabinets, because this will be my first actual one...
If I were you I'd get a 4x12, just because in my opinion a 4x12 will usually have a more defined sound when compared to a 2x12 at higher volumes which is what you need for metal and hard rock. If you're going for budget gear I'd get the Bugera 4x12 cabinets, it's stock speakers are surprisingly good...

I play Thrash/Death metal through both a 4x12 and a 2x12 and the 4x12 is the more important cabinet in my rig.

Also, if you live in the UK, check out thomman.de, they have some great prices for cabinets, I got my Bugera 4x!2 from them for about £160
Last edited by Kazaza at Apr 13, 2011,
Thanks, yeah I think a 4x12 would be better. Just out of interest, for you which individual cabinet do you like/think would suit my playing? I think Bugera are the ones to go for