When I play acoustic guitar I frequently find that there is tension in my stumming forearm, it is not necessarily pain but it does get annoying. Is this just the fact that I am not used to playing the acoustic, as I normally play electric and my arm is at a different angle and position, obviously due to the body size difference. thanks. anyway to alleviate this problem?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Don't really have a solution for this, but I believe that it us because your acoustic us large in size.

Do you practice standing with your electric very low?
no the electric is petrucci style, i cannot play really low not to mention I am baffled when guitarists can. I try to the guitar around buckle heigtht or a little above.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Tension is never good. I know acoustic guitars can be a bit awkward if you aren't used to their size, but you need to find a way to hold it and play it that doesn't create any unnecessary tension. What works for me is playing it the same as an electric, but having the guitar a bit lower.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Its probably just the size of the acoustic, that what it was for me. I just experimented with different ways to hold it and eventually got over it.
I agree with how "fat" the acoustic is and that affects your arm angle.

But in addition, the string gauge and tightness of an acoustic cause you to exert more effort while picking. I know good guitarists that cannot play an acoustic for their lives, well. Their stamina, muscles and coordination isn't up to or used to it.

I think practicing with an acoustic should be at least ten minutes of everyone's practice schedule. If you don't believe me, try it, then go back to electric and see for yourself.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.