Hi!
I got a MXR 10 band eq in a country of 110V thinking that i would be able to use on battery anyway when i go back to a country which is 220volt. But then i found out that the MXR 10 band doesn't have a battery input, but only a dc input. So i thought maybe i would just get a dunlop dc brick power supply since i would need it anyway when i get more pedals.
SO.. my question is that does that ECB006 adaptor that come with the dc brick universal voltage? (100v to 240v) otherwise i am just ending up with the same problem
THX a bunch, im planning to use the eq in the fx loop to boost my solo
It doesn't come with an adapter, but it will accept an IEC connector and any wall voltage so you should be able to make it work with a power cord or adapter that fits your outlets.
Quote by Roc8995
It doesn't come with an adapter, but it will accept an IEC connector and any wall voltage so you should be able to make it work with a power cord or adapter that fits your outlets.

here sir,
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-DCBrick-MultiPower-Supply?sku=151091
the adapter is included apparently, so it will take 110v and 240v? cuz the one that came with my MXR 10 bands only takes 110v sadly.
cheers
It will take 240 volts but I'm not sure if it has a plug for your outlet.
Quote by Roc8995
It will take 240 volts but I'm not sure if it has a plug for your outlet.

as long as the voltage is gud im cool with it, the plug is a really solve really. The voltage is trickier cuz i can't get an external transformer for it, as it will add a heck of noise.
Not sure if this is the bigger issue here, but the DC Brick is an overpriced daisy chain in a box. Don't buy.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if so, could u recomend a power supply that would take 220V as well as 120v? i live in taiwan so it might b hard to find em, i guess i might as well use the dc brick.

Oh and another question, would it b ok to use the mxr 10 band eq in the fx loop to boost the voume? espeically when it's a hybrid marshall avt50, since the pwoer section are not tubes, i am scared that i might fry the power unit by boosting the signal in the fx chain??

thanks everyone
Last edited by RayL at Apr 13, 2011,
Just get a One Spot. They're cheap, and very effective. The DC Brick isn't isolated - its just a grossly overpriced One Spot in a box.

If you do want to get an isolated power supply though, the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 is a very good unit. It's just much more expensive than a One Spot. Worth it if you gig, not so much if you don't.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by RayL
if so, could u recomend a power supply that would take 220V as well as 120v? i live in taiwan so it might b hard to find em, i guess i might as well use the dc brick.

Oh and another question, would it b ok to use the mxr 10 band eq in the fx loop to boost the voume? espeically when it's a hybrid marshall avt50, since the pwoer section are not tubes, i am scared that i might fry the power unit by boosting the signal in the fx chain??

thanks everyone

Get a BBE Supa Charger.

Absolute cheapest unit you should go for.
Guys, he has one pedal. A one-spot will be fine for now. If he had 6 maybe it would be different, but you don't need a PP2+ to run a single EQ pedal.
Quote by Roc8995
Guys, he has one pedal. A one-spot will be fine for now. If he had 6 maybe it would be different, but you don't need a PP2+ to run a single EQ pedal.

THX for trying to help everybody i am afriad that after some researching on my local bid sight, i still couldn't locate any well known powerunit other than the dc brick, so i just got it anyway. And yes, i only have a MXR 10 band at the moment, but i was thinking that it wouldn't hurt to buy a power supply cuz im prety serious about learning guitar and will definately get more pedals.
Oh does isolated mean to have the power sources in a different circuit instead of being parallel to eachother?
Yes, that's what it means. It's very helpful if you have a lot of pedals, or ones that are very sensitive to input power, like fuzzes.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, that's what it means. It's very helpful if you have a lot of pedals, or ones that are very sensitive to input power, like fuzzes.

well if the pedal that im planning to buy are distortion pedals, delay or reverb, and wah, would dc brick make those things noisy?
right now i don't have to worry about it cuz i've got only the mxr 10 band
There are a lot of factors involved. It's impossible to say how bad it will be, but with that many pedals you're probably going to get some extra noise with no isolation.
I have a DC Brick. It has some features over the one spot, but I know a lot of people dis it, and it certainly does not have some features of other supplies. Some might consider it over priced, but there is nothing wrong with them if you want to get one.

I like mine, has 9 & 18 v, ... and a blue light! No one spot had that. Ha!