Hey guys,I wanna know something. I'm in my college basketball team and I play the piano. Is it a good idea to do both? I mean,playing basketball will have a toll on your hands yeah? Would my hands be like,'damaged' if I play basketball? Cos also recently,my hands have been a little numb. The feeling's like, my hand's are on the verge of becoming numb. It's this feeling that I'm having now.
I'd be willing to bet the numb hands isn't from basketball, how much time do you spend at a computer?

Basketball you are more likely to hyper-extend your fingers, which will damper your piano playing, still, i don't think it is enough reason to quit if you like to play hoops.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
My mom has a piano performance degree and teaches piano for a living, and I have NEVER heard her tell any of her students that they can't play sports if they want to play piano. The worst that could happen is a jammed finger, and then you would just not be able to play piano for a week tops. Go play basketball young man....

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
I don't play computer games. Well I used to but then I stopped. @captaincrunk and Ali.guitar. I don't think basketball will cause any serious injuries right? I play guitar too,do any of you guys have this numb feeling in your hands once in a while?
Quote by onlyoneleft
I don't play computer games. Well I used to but then I stopped. @captaincrunk and Ali.guitar. I don't think basketball will cause any serious injuries right? I play guitar too,do any of you guys have this numb feeling in your hands once in a while?

Do you crack your fingers?
Idk if we're allowed to give medical advice on here though :/

Anyways I would use google if I were you
But it's never wise to self diagnose, try visiting a doctor just for a checkup.
You should quit basketball TS.
At the rate you're going you'll lose all feeling in your fingers quite soon.. Just ask anyone who made a career out of basketball.
THIS IS A LARGE DISTRACTING SIGNATURE.
I have played basketball all my life and have also played the piano. Every once in a while you might jam a finger or something, but you recover pretty quickly from that.

I did break my wrist once but still played at my piano recital. I got the biggest applause.
But that was probably because I went last, and played the hardest song
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
If you don't quit basketball soon then your hands will fall off.

True story.

Seriously, it won't make the slightest difference, unless you go out of your way to intercept balls using your fingers straight onto the ball.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Seriously?

Well, you're more likely to get a hand injury than people who don't play basketball. That's for sure.

I remember when I got a fractured skull playing football the day before a show. Had to cancel, unfortunately. ZThe doctors wouldn't let me out of the hospital.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
I badly bruised my finger and couldn't play my guitar for a week because of basketball once. And to your numb feeling, I occassionly get that, aswell as pins and needles in my fingertips. If it gets a problem ask a doctor.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
I used to shoot some b-ball outside my school when a couple of guys that were up to no good showed up in my neighbourhood.

Long story short, I quit basketball for a piano-orientated career.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
wtf new avatar Kjell?!?!?

OT: It's not going to matter a bit. I play piano, and I've been known to run around with people while they're playing basketball, and it won't mess you up one bit. The numb hands is something else.