So I use reaper and I was wondering if there's anyway I can set it so I can pan the same track left and right instead of making a new track and copying the audio file. Thanks for replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're plugging an interface into an interface...

Interfaception

Pls tell me what is Interfaception. and how to solve.

If it's a mono track: no.

Just copy the track, there's nothing wrong with that.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by ethan_hanus
The stereo input is only if you have two inputs going into your computer for the same track at the same time, like two mics on 1 amp.

this
Quote by Slapp62
So I use reaper and I was wondering if there's anyway I can set it so I can pan the same track left and right instead of making a new track and copying the audio file. Thanks for replies.

copying the audio file and putting it in a new track panned opposite the original will give you the exact same result as having the one original track dead center and turned up a little louder. that would happen if you do it manually or if you got the DAW to do it automatically.

here's why: have you ever noticed how when you have headphones on (one speaker on each ear...) that sounds still sound like they're coming from somewhere in the middle? that's because the exact same thing is coming out of both speakers at the same time at the same volume. it's the same as if someone standing right in front of you is talking. their voice reaches both ears equally and at the same time. that's how you can tell it's in the middle. to have a stereo effect you have to actually play the part twice. the subtle differences in the takes is what lets your brain know that it's actually two sources and not one directly in front of you.