My local guitar shop has just got a second-hand Washburn V200 Pro-E with EMG pickups and is selling it for £189 (about $307 I think). I was thinking of buying it as a guitar for home recording & possibly gigging and just wondered if anyone else owns this guitar or has tried it and basically if it's worth the money.
what pickups are in it?
when it's 81/85 pickups, buy it imidiately!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Don't know of too many users around here who play Washburns. Go play it. If you like the feel and tone buy it just research the model to make sure it is selling at an average or below price.
Quote by Tunder250
what pickups are in it?
when it's 81/85 pickups, buy it imidiately!

Yes they are 81/85s so I'm probably gonna buy it this week
To Me...thats a really "boxy" V. If it's gonna be sounding good then do it! I'm all about making sure it sounds good, but guitars are like women: You have to be attracted to them before thinking about marrying them. Same with guitars...before I make a commitment, It has to be sexy!
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
The guitar will have a totally different sound to it then any other washburn out there. EMGs are good and bad, good for the fact they are one badass pickup, the bad is I dont think there is a single difference in tone between 10 of the same model EMG pickups. The EMGs tend to make any guitar sound like its equipped with EMGs the only thing the guitar is really doing now is providing a longer sustain. This is probably the same with any active pickup though and not just the EMG brand. With that said is it worth buying, hell yeah, even if it isnt the greatest guitar body in the world its got some good electronics for that price and can probably scream very well.
Quote by ne14t
The guitar will have a totally different sound to it then any other washburn out there. EMGs are good and bad, good for the fact they are one badass pickup, the bad is I dont think there is a single difference in tone between 10 of the same model EMG pickups. The EMGs tend to make any guitar sound like its equipped with EMGs the only thing the guitar is really doing now is providing a longer sustain. This is probably the same with any active pickup though and not just the EMG brand. With that said is it worth buying, hell yeah, even if it isnt the greatest guitar body in the world its got some good electronics for that price and can probably scream very well.

Thanks for the advice mate. I tried the guitar again today through a 120-watt Line 6 Spider IV and it sounded amazing, screaming harmonics and almost 30 seconds of sustain on individual notes. The pickups are typical EMGs, one seems to be good for lead tones & the other for rhythm and it's brilliant value when you look at the average price for EMGs these days. I see what you and others mean about the body but it doesn't really bother me that much to be honest so I'm probably gonna buy it within the next 2 or 3 weeks
Last edited by SinlessOrc at Apr 14, 2011,