I am putting together a new pedal line and although I know tone, I am always a little lacking when it comes to circuitry and the specs of the electronics...

I just want to be sure I get the right volume pedal. I am the singer and my GTR is 90% rhythm. I need to be able to have true volume control on the floor, without worrying too much about constantly adjusting my GTR or other things...

Can I get some suggestions of the best volume pedal for this purpose?
Here is how my line goes;

Gibson Les Pauls and Hollow-bodies
to
??Volume Pedal??- tuner out to TC Helicon Tuner
to
Blues Driver
to
Boss DM-3 analog delay
split to
Blues Jr. (EQed for Hi-end)
and
Vintage Alamo Fury GTR/BASS combo (EQed for Low-end)

Please help!

Also, any comments on this rig are welcome. I know my amp setup is strange, but the sound I get is fantastic!

Thanks!
Last edited by TheRoach71 at Apr 13, 2011,
This guy makes a pretty sweet volume pedal; http://www.this1smyne.com/product_list/products/mv-mini-volume-pedal/
He also does custom work, so if you want a volume pedal in a wah-style enclosure, Dan can sure as heck do it for cheapsies.

One other thing... It's better, if you have a high-quality tuner (as you certainly do), to not use the tuner-out on a volume pedal. That's where you can lose a lot of tone.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
Ernie Ball VP, hands down. It serves its function, is built like a tank, and can also be used as an expression pedal.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by fc89konkari
Visual Sound Volume

Its awesome and so on but most importantly... It has lights!

I go one of these. Love the lights!

Edit:
Don't get a Rockman Volume pedal. IMO Its a POS.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 13, 2011,
The Visual Sound is good too. The lights actually really do come in handy.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I have an Ernie Ball Volume Jr. but my friend in another band had one and broke the cord underneath. After that he got the Dunlop DVP1. I think that's your most rugged / long-lasting option. I hardly use my Ernie Ball and it is still going strong but I bet if I used it as much as him then I'd have the same issue.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
I went with the VP JR... I like the Visual Sound, but just vant justify that much cash for a volume pedal... I was aware of the wear problem with the cord, but my guitrist is wiz at fixing that kinna stuff, so I went ahead and rolled the dice... if I ever find a Visual Sound at a decent price, I might just nab it...