I'm considering replacing my stock Duncan Designed HB-102 pickups on my Schecter and I was looking at the Seymour Duncan SH-PG1s . I play mostly clean melodies and I want a bright bell-like tone. Do you think these are a good choice? I'm a noob when it comes to pickups but I'm starting to solidify my tone and I'd like to get into the specifics. Thanks in advance!
'59s might be better, if you want to stick to duncan?

the pgs are (iirc, it's a while since I've tried them) a bit warmer and hotter. They're still vintage-style pickups, but they're on the hotter and warmer side of vintage.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think the Seth Lovers are more up your alley as far as Duncans go than the PGs. Especially if bright and bell-like is what you are going for. The PGs aren't very bell-like, they're more... bright and sizzly sounding.
Last edited by al112987 at Apr 13, 2011,
good call on the seths, i always forget about them. EDIT: yeah sizzly is what i meant about teh pgs, rather than warm.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
PGs are one of the few SDs I really like, but I don't think they're right for you.

Seths sound right on the money.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The Seth Lover Model can get noisy since it's unpotted but it's a great pickup for the cleans.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!