I should be studying, but I prefer procrastinating.

Anyway, has the Pit learned many languages? If so, how many and to what standard?

I myself have learned Irish to an OK level and French to an OK but better than Irish level. I think that's more down to the better teaching of French in schools though.

And yourself?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

I'm Greek,so i now that plus English.Also,very little German,enough to communicate in emergencies,i hope...
I would really love to learn Japanese though.

"Battle not with monsters,
lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you
."

I'm fluent in German, Spanish, Japanese, and Russian.

I've found all of them useful, despite living in a country that is stubborn towards learning languages -coughAmericacough-
I lived in Japan for a year so I have no problem speaking fluent Japanese... But do you think I can remember a damn thing from 9 years of French class? nope.
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
I'm an American living in Germany and German is pretty tough. Just for the word "the" they have several different words that can be used. But I read a lot in German as well and that helps.
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
I'm fluent in English & Portuguese. I know enough Spanish to be able to understand almost everything but when I speak it I'm really slow.

I want to learn French though.
I have a family member who moved to Finland when I was young so I've spent my whole life informally (and admittedly halfassedly) learning Finnish.

I also did French at school and learnt German at university. I'm making an effort to improve my Finnish now and am considering learning a second (or third, if you're counting English) Germanic language like Norwegian or Swedish.
I'm fluent in English and Sarcasm, I took 4 years of Spanish, but I'm no good at it.
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Ditto

French orals Friday, brah!

How did you all become fluent? Out of curiosity..
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Jesus_Dean
I'm an American living in Germany and German is pretty tough. Just for the word "the" they have several different words that can be used. But I read a lot in German as well and that helps.

Welcome to most languages.
Finnish is god damn difficult. (or at least it used to be) "Laatikkoon, Laatikolle, Laatikossa, Laatikolla, Laatikkoa" Being a swedish speaking finn, I'm happy I'm now fluent in Finnish. Swedish grammar was also hell.
Last edited by BlacksailsTippa at Apr 13, 2011,
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Welcome to most languages.

Interestingly (in my opinion) Russian has no word for "the".
Being a shitey Dane, I speak the glorious "Language" of Denmark, Danish. English too. I am studying German in school. I understand polish because my mother spoke it all the time when I was smaller, but I can't communicate in anyway when it comes to that.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Quote by neidnarb11890

Yes it does. It's a suffix.
Quote by neidnarb11890

Russian has no articles whatsoever.
Does anyone know if sign language is universal, or does it differ from language to language. If it's universal we could just learn sign language and be done with it.
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
Fluent in Finnish and English, adequate level in Swedish and I know a little bit of German, French and Latin
Quote by Jesus_Dean
Does anyone know if sign language is universal, or does it differ from language to language. If it's universal we could just learn sign language and be done with it.
i think it's universal

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
Quote by Jesus_Dean

We should all just have to learn the same language, but keep our native tongue aswell.
Bertolt Bretcht

I'm fluent in Swedish and English, can speak Spanish and German on an advanced level and I've studied Latin for two years now, one cannot learn enough languages
I speak pretty good French and Italian as well as English being my native language.

I plan to take them on to university too.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Jesus_Dean

It isn't universal.
I'd love to be able to speak another language fluently. I really want to be able to speak German, French, Chinese and Russian... that would be awesome.
Bertolt Bretcht

I think people should learn as many languages as they can.Besides being like steroids for the brain,it helps you express yourself in different ways from your mother tongue and you get to learn more things about it.

"Those who know nothing of foreign languages, knows nothing of their own." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

EDIT:Spelling.

"Battle not with monsters,
lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you
."

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I'm fluent in English and Arabic.

Tryna learn spanish now, and failing miserably

Which one is your native language? And how hard was it to learn the other one with the different alphabet and everything?

Or if you grew up speaking both then no need to answer.
Quote by Masamune
Which one is your native language? And how hard was it to learn the other one with the different alphabet and everything?

Or if you grew up speaking both then no need to answer.

My native language was Arabic, but I'm actually better at speaking and writing English.

I kind of grew up speaking both but first words I spoke were probably Arabic.

English was pretty easy to learn because I was a toddler when I learned it
Arabic was way harder, and still is...