Where can I get one in the New York City area, without ordering it ?, And how much will it cost me ?.
Buy one from someone, second hand.

/thread
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
Buy one from someone, second hand.

/thread

This, because, as far as I know, they're only officially sold in Japan.

Don't quote me on it though.
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite FR CRED
Ibanez RG7321FM w/ DiMarzio Bridge pickup
Roland CUBE 40XL
Digitech RP355

Quote by zgr0826
Banned because Raep = Me Gusta

ಠ_ಠ
That's correct. Ibanez stopped J customs being sold to anywhere outside Japan. At least, they had last time I checked
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Ibanez did release a line of J Customs being sold in the US this year. I know that Rich at Ibanezrules.com has them now. They are kind of esoteric though so I am not sure if you will be finding many local shops that carry them.

They also only recently started shipping I guess so more shops might have them later in the year?

Here are some pictures of the models coming to the US at NAMM 2011... Let the drooling begin...

http://www.ibanezrules.com/namm/2011/jcustom.htm

Edit: I know if you had to get it from there you would still have to order it, but I bet it is a lot easier than ordering a new one from Japan.
Last edited by Devilbliss at Apr 13, 2011,
^ +1, I thought i'd heard that the j-customs were available in the US this year.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
New Ibanez J.Customs are available to the US market in 2011. Before that, you Amerrkans had to buy it from eBay or go to Japan yourselves.
Quote by AcousticMirror
they are supposed to be around 2.5-3k?

If we're talking closer to 3k, might as well buy them from Meestursparkle, his 6-string j customs go for about 2.4-5kish?

his 7-string j customs are at the 3k mark, insane.
The store I work in got one of 6 in Australia, RG8570Z.
RRP $4995
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
That's a brilliant concept.
But wait, what's that little thing called again...oh yeah. The economy, we kinda need that.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Why wouldn't I though?
I get a badass discount.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Sometimes is better than never.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Yes, because you support the shop you bought it from which in turn helps the distributor/importer buy and sell things to the shops which allows you to buy those things which then allows the business to thrive and the taxation from the continuing business goes to the government and the money made from the sale gives it's employers money to buy goods within the country which stimulate the economy.
Just because something is made overseas doesn't mean we don't profit from it at all, Japan doesn't get all the money...that would just be silly.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
whats the deal with these things. dont know much about them but im assuming they are very good. are they THAT much better? as good or better than other guitars? PRS even?

i mean what exactly is different. woods? what? or are they just hand made?
^

i dont know, I think im stupid for buying them, should probably sell both mine off and buy about 20 ibanez GRGs.

maybe 25 squier strats.
At the end of the day, they're phenomenal guitars and they sound and play beautifully, but to justify spending that amount on one is very difficult. They are much more popular to guitar collectors as they present themselves more as an artwork of a guitar.
Would I ever own one? Yes of course. Would I ever gig with it? God no.
You could just as easily buy a prestige model for far cheaper and buy a set of the same pickups they use in it same difference.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
i haven't played one, but i imagine i would be happier with a suhr modern at that price range.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Eppicurt
Yes, because you support the shop you bought it from which in turn helps the distributor/importer buy and sell things to the shops which allows you to buy those things which then allows the business to thrive and the taxation from the continuing business goes to the government and the money made from the sale gives it's employers money to buy goods within the country which stimulate the economy.
Just because something is made overseas doesn't mean we don't profit from it at all, Japan doesn't get all the money...that would just be silly.

i'm pretty sure if you buy something s/h you're also helping the economy.

Quote by Eppicurt
At the end of the day, they're phenomenal guitars and they sound and play beautifully, but to justify spending that amount on one is very difficult.

I agree. All the ibanez prices have shot up recently (not entirely their fault, the yen is very strong at the moment for various reasons). A couple of years ago you could pick up a new j-custom in shops here (we got them for some reason for a couple of years) for £1200. Now the top end prestiges are way more than that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well i never was implying they were bad. ive never seen one in person, and ive never seen one in any guitar store. ive never heard anybody who has played one, and nobosy i know has been in contact with them

im not saying to go buy squier strats. im just saying, im surprised they are that good but seem so mysterious.
i really liked the ones I tried. That's all I know. One of them (some were better than others... obviously setup was probably the main factor) was one of the nicest guitars I've ever tried.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I honestly thought we got in our store was a bit meh I liked some of the Prestiges we had better than the J. Custom.
Having said that however, i'm not a huge fanatic about the Ibanez series, just their acoustics.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
the j-customs are usually just better finished overall, with sweet inlays and color finishes.

Ibanez really doesn't do the cork thing that the american companies do.

all the prestiges I've had were almost of the exact same quality.

the j-custom is like a sweet body kit that makes everything look nice.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
the j-customs are usually just better finished overall, with sweet inlays and color finishes.

And it seriously can't cost Ibanez (Australian dollar wise) $2000 more just for a finish and a neat little booklet about the guitar.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
wut? the j customs are hardly 2k more overall. well I guess in australia.

but the japanese market prices it's just about 1k to 1.5k more.

custom inlays are expensives.

plus the solid color j-customs are much cheaper then the super figured hand picked wood tops.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Better believe it, the importers/distributors jack the prices up ridiculously and the fingers get pointed at the retailers for "overpricing" which unfortunately just causes people to buy overseas because it's so much cheaper. But I guess they have to make a living too...bastards.

The one we have definately isn't a solid colour, probably why it's much more expensive. But it still doesn't justify the extra 2k.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore