someone's on craigslist selling this speaker for 20$ its a "british lead" copy of a celestion.

http://wgs4.com/content/BL

is this a good replacement for me?

if i bought this and then a veteran 30/ vintage 30 would that be a good combo for my amp? thanks
Last edited by vincelombard at Apr 13, 2011,
How many ohms is it?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Good speaker, like a G12T-75 I think.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Good speaker, like a G12T-75 I think.

if i paired that up with one of wgs4's veteran 30's would that be good combo for my 5150?

or would 2 v30's be better?
Quote by Robbgnarly
no its a Celstion Lead 80 clone. and for $20 it's worth it.

would it be good with my 5150 though? paired wit a v30?
it wouldn't be a terrible speaker at all, and you have the combo 5150 so I personaly would stay away from th V30 it will have super Icepicy hi's. look at a Eminence Private Jack its a green back clone and they handel way more power. The celestion G12H30 would proly work good also. Look at avatarspeakers.com they have Hellatone 60's which are Celestion v30's that are made for them and ar ebroken in and have a diff cone hat helps them sound better than the regular v30. They also have the hellatone 30 which is a celestion g12h30 that is aged
Quote by Robbgnarly
it wouldn't be a terrible speaker at all, and you have the combo 5150 so I personaly would stay away from th V30 it will have super Icepicy hi's. look at a Eminence Private Jack its a green back clone and they handel way more power. The celestion G12H30 would proly work good also. Look at avatarspeakers.com they have Hellatone 60's which are Celestion v30's that are made for them and ar ebroken in and have a diff cone hat helps them sound better than the regular v30. They also have the hellatone 30 which is a celestion g12h30 that is aged

hmm i'm looking for alot of clarity and great sounding distortion.

i like to play leads alot, but i like a really br00tal sound in my riffs like children of bodom.

if i could upgrade my speakers for my 5150 what should i do then? surprised you dont like v30 for it as the v30 is one of the most desired speakers for metal/br00tz

any speakers from here?
http://wgs4.com/all-products
I personaly use the eminence v12 it is a sic sounding speaker with mad low mids and just enough hi's try on out you'll be hooked like crack!!!
I'd go with the et65 they are a celestion 12 65 clone wich is proly one of the most saught after speakers celestion ever made. they sound like a more controled G12t75 it would be ripping for leads. IMHOP