i got this guitar about a year ago, and i havnt had any problems with it. a couple of weeks ago, though, it started breaking strings at the bridge a lot. i havnt been doing anything different, they've just started breaking. it's right at the bridge, and it's usually the thicker strings. the guitar is a backloader, first one i've ever used, i figured maybe the angle was just really harsh, wanted to know if there was anything i could do to fix this.
Well mate if you have had the same strings on there for almost a year I'm surprised they hadn't broke yet. Strings should be changed at least once a month. If you can't do that at least once every 1 and half or 2 months.
What you want to do is get some really fine sand paper (1200 grit should be fine) and sand any rough edges where your string comes in to contact with the bridge saddles down. Your strings are probably catching on them. Hope it helps.
i change strings, i was just saying i havnt changed the brand or anything. i change them about once a month. i'll try the sandpaper, i was considering doing that, but it seemed odd that so many different strings were breaking
Sounds like a rough spot around your bridge if they keep breaking in that area. I use Ernie Ball strings myself; however skinny top heavy bottom ones and I usually get about 3 months out of a set before I feel compelled to change them. As mentioned grab some 1200 grit or even 2000 grit wet/dry sand paper and try to smooth any pitting out that might be damaging your strings.
Dude, I change strings every like, 5 months, if you're changing them every month, you either REALLY like the new string sound, or doing something horribly, horribly wrong.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss