So a few days ago i picked up a 5W jetcity picovalve! doesn't look like to many people have these yet.

Impressions: it's small and light, the carrying handle on the side is a nice touch. It's got a single channel, preamp gain and master volume, a bright switch and a 2-5w switch. In the 5W mode, the amp sounds best to me, in 2W, the highs are cut out to much. It's fairly loud, but with a lower pre-amp gain, you can really crank the volume up.

As far as gain, if you want metal, i would look else ware. With the pre-amp gain dimed, master volume on 6 in the 2W mode and a TS-808 out front, i could not get enough gain for most styles of metal i like to play. you might be able to pass it off, but it seems alot more like a blues/ rock amp to me.

Cleans aren't that great, because by the time you can hear it, it's already distorting from the power section. They can be done, but they aren't going to be super warm, think more high end, pretty bright.

It's pretty were built were it counts, but small things throw it off. for instance, the "333" faceplate looks to just be glued on, and its peeled away from the metal grate cover. This is only after a few days.

I did have some fun running the pre-amp from my 6262 into the guitar input to get some powertube distortion in my recordings, but in all honesty, i couldn't really tell that it did much. It would be nice if coupled with something like a pod or similar, but by itself the amp doesn't have enough gain for metal. It would make a good alternative/rock/indie bedroom amp though.

TL;DR?

Cool little amp. Pre-amp doesn't have enough gain for metal even with a boost. Would be cool with a POD or similar DSP. Good for blues/rock.

CLIPS!

here's a alternative/rock clip. I think this is what this amp does best. it was in 2W mode, about 4 on volume, gain around 5 with a TS-808. mic'd with an SM57:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8449636/blink182-damnit.mp3

You can hear the loose bottom end, which is what kills this amp for metal. Here's a metal clip in drop A#, and you can hear how the flabby bottom end and harsh top side kills it for metal. this was with preamp gain dimed and a TS-808:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8449636/runes_to_my_memoryPICO.mp3

a pretty fun little amp as long as you aren't going for metal, IMHO!
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
looks like a fun amp, ive considered getting one myself. between taht and your bugera i think you have every genre covered. congrats on the new amp!
bugera ftw
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Love that lil' guy. Very surprised you couldn't get 'metal' out of it. I remember being able to dial in 80s thrash and BFMV type tones pretty easily. I mean, it lacks the bass from being a small head but the foundation is there.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Love that lil' guy. Very surprised you couldn't get 'metal' out of it. I remember being able to dial in 80s thrash and BFMV type tones pretty easily. I mean, it lacks the bass from being a small head but the foundation is there.

it does alright in standard tuning but once you start drop tuning it looses it. it seems to all be in the preamp though, as i ran the preamp from my 6262 into it and it sounded great. Of course, these days, metal is subjective. for certain older styles, it could fit the bill.

Thanks dudes!
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's