hey guys whats up.

Everyone's looking to expand their pedal board, considering most people (namely beginner musicians) only have one pedal...if that.

Sooooo...in saying that, I'd like to hear what you guys would recommend to the everyday Joe that plays guitar (like me lol) OR the average working musician that wants to expand his musical tone

Below, post what your favorite pedal(s) are, preferably in order:
Example
1. Electro-Harmonix Big Muff (then, if its an EXCEPTIONAL pedal that is simply amazing, tell why you would recommend this to another musician please.)
2. MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
3. Fulltone Plimsoul
etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.

Thanks guys, this will hopefully help alot of people out, not just me. There's plenty of people that would like to hear what other people would recommend. As usual guys, you all rock.
Last edited by B.C. RICH5000 at Apr 13, 2011,
personally, my favorites are:

1. Banshee Talk Box (that thing is just neat to play around with, and its worth the money)
2. Fulltone Plimsoul (you can get virtually any tone you want with it, and it gives some good classic, vintage tones as well)
3. Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer (good price for a good pedal)
1. MXR 10 Band EQ (so much tone shaping because of the 10 bands)
2. Fulltone OCD (brilliant overdrive with so much variety)
3. Keeley Compressor (one of the best compressors i have ever seen tbh)
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
I would never recommend any effect (or amplifier) willy nilly without finding out what the person is attempting to achieve. Right tool for the right job and all that.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
I would never recommend any effect (or amplifier) willy nilly without finding out what the person is attempting to achieve. Right tool for the right job and all that.

QFT
Quote by WtrPlyr
QFT

booooring! just buy pedals. its fun. even if they are useless.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by PUNKinheadedboy
Invest in a genuine crybaby wah.

I was scanning through this thread thinking WTF nobody said a Crybaby, impossible, I knew it would come up eventually. I personally think the Crybaby From Hell is the most flexible one but thats personal preference. That's the only pedal I use after going over to modeling amps, makes my life a lot easier and makes my stage area look cleaner with only two pedals.
ill be honest, im not sure what QTF is, but...

ya, i completely forgot about the crybaby wah pedal, i cant believe i forgot to put it on my list up there
I believe QFT is internet slang for Quoted for Truth or Quite F***ing True or whatever the heck else you can make out of that abbreviation.

I used to be addicted to BOSS pedals though and had a line up of them

-Digital Delay
-Mega Distortion
-Acoustic Simulator
-Super Overdrive
-Super Chorus
-Digital Reverb
-Flanger

My non-BOSS pedals and the only ones I have kept after going to modeling amps are:

-Crybaby From Hell
-Vox Satchurator distortion pedal (dont even really use it that much only when I play Satch songs)
Quote by ne14t
I was scanning through this thread thinking WTF nobody said a Crybaby, impossible, I knew it would come up eventually. I personally think the Crybaby From Hell is the most flexible one but thats personal preference. That's the only pedal I use after going over to modeling amps, makes my life a lot easier and makes my stage area look cleaner with only two pedals.

If it was any good, I'd rec it. But, since it isn't, **** it.

I'm going to parrot the +1 on the "depends what the sound you want is" argument, but my top 3 are:

1. Fulltone Fulldrive II (the non-mosfet with the white knobs)

2. Boss CE-2 chorus (THE chorus as far as I'm concerned)

3. MXR script Phase 90
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Apr 13, 2011,
well, are you trying to get one certain sound, or just a good all around pedal board?

if you want versatile, here you go (which happens to be really close to my pedal board)

for delay's = line6 dl4
for od and distortion = visualsound jekyll and hyde
reverb = if not a bad amp... use the stock, if bad amp, electro harmonix.
compressor = visualsound compressor.
for modulation = line6 mm4

my only differences, are a modded mxr dynacomp, and a v.s. liquid chorus, and a phase 100.
Well, if we're going for personal favorites at the moment I couldn't get by without my:

1) Fulltone FullDrive 2 w/Mosfet
2) Russian Big Muff
3) ISP Decimator
4) MXR Carbon Copy

I have others on the board (and am planning to add another fuzz and a chorus in the near future), but those are the straw(s) that stir the drink.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by 00_hns_00
i've never heard the non mosfet version, what are the main differences?

Original is slightly darker (not that it matters since I just use it in CompCut mode as a clean boost) and doesn't have the MOSFET option.

It also has mojo...

New

Old
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
1. Thomas Organ Company Wah
2. Original TS808
3. DONE

Now for people saving coin and buying current pedals:
1. Crybaby GCB95 - Modding it for True Bypass and adjusting the Caps and Resistors.
2. TS9 - 808/Brown modded, Original Chip.
3. DONE.

Maybe a original ProCo Rat
HMM
here goes
1.) Kingsley Jester
2.) Empress Superdelay
3.) idk, these are really my only two favorites, I don't need that much stuff on my board.
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right
BBE Sonic Stomp
Morley Wah Pedal( doesn't really matter which one but the more knobs on it the better)
DwarfCraft 'The Internet' Overdrive
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
mine are

Crybaby wah, korg pitchblack, fulltone ocd, ts9, then amp
Loop is amp, then phase 90, eq, and isp decimator.

my favs are the ts9, tuner, and the isp. when i dont always have time to bring my full board, the ts9 is easier to jsut use as i set up my ocd specifically to go with one channel, so i use the ts9 the whole time instead, and the gate cuz hey, i have a 6505+ haha

those are the essentials for me, but to each his own =)
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify