Hey all.
I'm looking for some pedals and one of them is delay.
I'm looking for the suddle delay and the as loud as the original sound delay.
3-4 repeats is needed above that is for me pointless.
I want at least a 1500 miliseconds range.
Maybe an extra input for a tap tempo footswitch.
Quote by liampje
Why is it that every topic of mine gets like 60 views and then only 1 or 2 comments with these simple questions?

because 60 people want to know the same answer or are interested and dont know?
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by liampje
Why is it that every topic of mine gets like 60 views and then only 1 or 2 comments with these simple questions?

Because you touch yourself at night.

On topic. MXR Carbon Copy.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
The Carbon Copy only has a 600ms range, though. He said he wanted at least 1500. The DD-3 only has 800, but I can't think of anything with 1500ms of delay for under 150.

Honestly delay isn't an area where I'd want to skimp, if I were you I'd just save up a little longer and get an ESD/DD-20/RE-20.
my personal fav delay pedal so far would have to be the vox time machine. i love it, but im not sure how much there worth.
It would be better if you look for some delay pedals and post here them, then people who know the pedals would talk more about the pedals, talking about the pros and cons, and then you would find your answer.
A friend of mine just bought the Ibanez DE-7 but i haven't heard from him yet,so i'm going to suggest the DD-3 too.

EDIT:Reviews
Boss DD-3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xy5yakhu7s

The Satch about the Vox Time Machine:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwj9509-H-c

Ibanez DE-7:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DnvZ4R7oqY

MXR Carbon Copy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVqhXuUaGQc

Price
Boss DD-3:109 $

Vox Time Machine:199.99 $

Ibanez DE-7:around 85 $ i think

MXR Carbon Copy:149.55 $

"Battle not with monsters,
lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you
."

Last edited by Breyd at Apr 14, 2011,
I agree with the "don't skimp" comment. I paid a little more for my Wampler Faux Tape Echo, but I doubt if I'll ever need to buy another delay pedal...

It isn't just the initial selling price of an item that you need to consider. If that item fits your budget but doesn't meet all your sonic needs, you're going to lose money on the back end (trading/selling), and be back where you started. If you settle for a $150 pedal that doesn't quite get you there, you'll be down at least $50 on the back end (maybe more), and getting another $150 "almost" pedal. Now you're down $200. Better to get the good stuff up front and be done with it, says I (even if that means you have to be a little patient budget-wise). And with higher-quality gear, you won't lose as much on the back end if you decide to sell it later (some really good stuff actually appreciates in value)...
I don't really like the carbon copy. Dark and muddy.

At $150, look at:

Malekko 616, Cmatmods Deeelay, Catalinbread Montavillion, Mad Professor Deep Blue CB.

Any of those would be awesome.

edit- just noticed 1500. Thats an absurd amount of time, any particular reason? Do you actually need that? Because it'll really restrict your options
Last edited by denied at Apr 15, 2011,
Quote by Breyd
A friend of mine just bought the Ibanez DE-7 but i haven't heard from him yet

i have one. it has a great tone, but the controls are kind of a pain. i also have a digitech digidelay, and it doesn't really have any tone to speak of, but it's much easier to set and has more options. i also have a boss rc-20 but it's a pain in the ass.
btw the digidelay gets up to 4 seconds of delay. it's an alright pedal if you're not looking for the holy grail. gets the job done.
I have the DD3 which works perfectly. With my style of playing, I need delay on all of my tunes (instrumental), and the patches vary for every tune. So I've bought a ZOOM G2.1nU multi-effects. What a pleasure! I do a lot of Shadows stuff and programmed all the numbers with the correct delays with a programme I obtained from a guy in the UK. Each time I play a different number, I hit the foot switch to select the patch number and voila!

My Weaponry:
Fender '91 Mex Strat
Fender '62 RI Jap Strat
Fender '93 USA Tele Plus
Fender Squier Strat
Ibanez AS103 Hollow Body
Ibanez AEL20E acoustic/electric
Fender Blues De luxe Tweed all valve
Marshal Valvestate 40
Give the Belcat DLY 503 a try they're unbelievably cheap check out my video review on my youtube (link is in sig)
@jecox ssssoooo ssweeeet that whole set up is so sweet. If I had any distortion/delay setup it would be the akai headrush and BM. Awesome set up.

I just bought the EHX #1 Echo. It runs about $120 and is a nice little pedal for the money. It'll do a full 2 seconds of delay.

Brief review and soundclip HERE.
Quote by WtrPlyr
at 1500ms you only have the DD7, TC Repeater (?), used DL-4

Nah the Repeater only has 1200ms.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Quote by The Last Dandy
The Carbon Copy only has a 600ms range, though. He said he wanted at least 1500. The DD-3 only has 800, but I can't think of anything with 1500ms of delay for under 150.

Honestly delay isn't an area where I'd want to skimp, if I were you I'd just save up a little longer and get an ESD/DD-20/RE-20.

You can get a used DD-7 and stay below the $150 budget.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier