At home, we have a Mac PC and a wireless box, an "EasyBox". Only the Mac PC has been connected to it. I switched my laptop's wifi on today and connected to the internet via this box, using the PIN on the back of the box, and set my own network name (it required me to do so). Now the Mac can't find the wireless box and can't connect to the internet, but my laptop can.

Any help on how to solve this problem?

Btw I couldn't find a "computer" thread other than the Gaming Thread.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
If it's a desktop, it most likely does not have a wireless adapter to be able to find your network.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
But it was connected wirelessly before... do I have to connect my laptop to the Mac?

EDIT: I changed the location setting to "Private", which allows my device etc to be discoverable... might that help? Well I guess I'll do some trial and error lol
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Last edited by LedZeppelin9345 at Apr 13, 2011,
Oh I misread it. Are you sure this EasyBox thing can be connected to more than one device?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
MACpc-----------''easybox''- - - - - - -Laptop

----------Wire
- - - - - -Wireless
Ibanez AW200 ( Discontinued )
Jackson DKMGT Black
Squire Telecaster Classic Vibe 50's w/ Noiseless Specials
SX Bass ( Vintage Series Custom Hand Made )
-----------------------------
Roland Cube 30x
Peavey Classic 30----Boss RC-2
No I'm not sure... I tried disconnecting my laptop and reconnecting the Mac but that didn't work. At first the network name changed from "EasyBox...." where "..." means the numbers to the name I entered, and the Mac was able to discover that. Then, I changed the network name back to the original but the Mac still only detects my new name.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

Quote by LedZeppelin9345
No I'm not sure... I tried disconnecting my laptop and reconnecting the Mac but that didn't work. At first the network name changed from "EasyBox...." where "..." means the numbers to the name I entered, and the Mac was able to discover that. Then, I changed the network name back to the original but the Mac still only detects my new name.

Then just change it to the new name and connect your laptop to that as well.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
What you did was create a new network with your windows PC, windows 7 right? Try rescanning for the new network on your mac, if nothing works out just reset to factory defaults and make an other network, both computers should see it.
Quote by BrandonBeaux
how the hell are you posting on UG if you're internet's gone haywire?

The internet box is working, but I seem to have kicked the Mac off!

EDIT: I seem to have renamed the box itself... what the ****...
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

Last edited by LedZeppelin9345 at Apr 13, 2011,
Ah, I seem to have changed the SSID
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.