Ohms, ohms, ohms. I understand some of the basics. But I have some particulars that with a quick search, could not find an answer to.

I am looking at a head that works best on 2 ohms, but the cab I found is 8 ohms. It is possible for the amp to run an 8 ohm cab, but the wattage is much lower.

The question: is there any combination of other cabs I could add in the future to obtain the 2 ohm input. And how would I go about connecting the cabs?
Ibanez prestige
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Deltatone 5 string bass

Line 6 Valve HD100
Randall 412 XL with V30s
Yep, you can run the head down to 2 ohms with several cabinets. You've got to remember ohmage works backwards: 8+8=4 ohms, 4+4=2.6 ohms (or 2) and 8+8+8=2.6 ohms.

When it comes to connecting them it depends on the head and cabs themselves. Some heads have one output, others have two. You can 'daisy chain' them (for lack of a better word), so that you have one lead going to one cab, then another lead from the first cab to a second, etc etc. You could also have two seperate leads going into two seperate cabs from two seperate outputs from the head, and another from one of the cabs to another to get 3 cabs, which would give a 2 0hm load if they were all 8 ohm cabs. Or one 8 ohm cab and a 4 ohm cab. There are many possibilities.

Remember, NEVER use instrument jacks for head to cab leads. The extra current will fry the insides of the lead. You can buy dedicated speaker leads which look just like normal instrument leads, but some heads have what's called speakon connectors to go from the head to cab. You can use adapters to go from jack to speakon and vice versa though if you don't have a dedicated speakon lead, or your cab doesn't take speakon connectors/jack leads.

Speakon connectors will give better sound quality to jack leads. I'm sure somebody could explain this all better, but this is my knowledge on the subject.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Yep, you can run the head down to 2 ohms with several cabinets. You've got to remember ohmage works backwards: 8+8=4 ohms, 4+4=2.6 ohms (or 2) and 8+8+8=2.6 ohms.

8+8 = 4 ; 4+4 = 2 ; 8+8+8 = 2.6 ; 8+4 = 2.6

and yes it will work just fine unless it's a tube amp(unless you spent some nice money on it i doubt it, and you'd see tall looking lightbulbs in the back).

The rule with solid state amps is: If your amp can handle that ohm setting or lower you're fine. Therefore, if the amp works at 2 ohms it'd still work at 1,000,000 ohms(just not much volume lol)... but not at 1ohm.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu