So my agile interceptor 727 is tuned one step down from normal (ADGCFAD) and I'm using a .70 to .10 string set so could someone tell me how the low A could sightly sharpen if hit the string hard enough and how it sounds so muddy for some reason. I had a different set on it before (d'addario 7 string .59 to .10 but with a low .70 instead of a .59) and it was super tight and not muddy at all. But then the screw that held in the block that held in the string (licenced floyd rose bridge) was striped because of how tight I had to have the string held in so I had to get a new screw blah blah blah

anyway what would cause a .70 f*cking gauge string to be floppy on a f*cking bari 7

WHAT THE F*CK!?

Guitar stats:
Pups: SD Blackout 7 string phase 2 bridge, Dimarzio PAF 7 neck
Scale 27"
licenced floyd rose
7 string
Just remember, we all used to be the kid who tried to play metal with a stratocaster and a line 6 spider amp.
Last edited by 27duuude at Apr 13, 2011,
I checked that before posting here. this is my last resort and I've tried every thing but getting new strings although I doubt that a 75 gauge string will fit on my guitar
Just remember, we all used to be the kid who tried to play metal with a stratocaster and a line 6 spider amp.
If by 'floppiness' you mean the string goes sharp on a strong hit, that will always happen with a low tuning and a thick string. Your muddiness is probably coming from using such a thick string. Try going back to a .059 and see if that fixes it.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of... you cut the ball ends off to put the string in the saddle, yeah? So it goes up and curves over the saddle. A thick string might not actually be sitting on the saddle, but might be going up and then over the saddle, so it's effectively ringing from where you clamped the string instead of the saddle. Have a look to see if the .070 is higher at the saddle than the other strings. If it is, try pushing it down at the saddle to bend the string so it sits on it. If you can't do that or if that isn't the problem, try the .059 again.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
I thought of changing back but I think I'd probably go for a .65 instead of back to .59. The thing about it going slightly sharp is that is usually doesn't go as sharp as it does now it used to be really tight and not go sharp unless I slamed it enough to break it but now I just casually strum and its like boing boing bOOOOOOooooinnng and goes super sharp so I'm trying to figure out why it would be loose now even though it was tight before.
have you properly setup for that ga string or did you just slapem on. the nut slots HAVE to be filed for the proper ga string or you'll never win this battle. If you have I don't know what to tell you, except take it to someone who has a better knowledge than you about setups