SO recently ive been dealing with a guy from craigslist who has this beauty of a guitar

Sorry for the extremely large images.
But this is a 1987 MIJ Stratocaster.
Before you all go saying LOOK AT THIS AND THAT, im aware of the neck haha it is not the original neck but a custom Vneck the owner had made for him.

Im not sure about these guitars, ive heard they're real gems of some sort but i want to know your opinion on these. Is it a good buy/not? Its flaws? Etc, etc.

Thanks UG!
Last edited by thehardwayout at Apr 13, 2011,
Quote by Puryie
price, you didn't post one

RIGHT. My bad hahaha $400 with a hardcase
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Deals on wheels brostar
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Quote by PanamaJack666
i've just got my 85 jap strat today, it's incredible. 5th strat I own!

Nice haha how are the pickups? Thats my main concern. If i dont like them im going to purchase the Tex-mex's and slap those bad boys in there
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Quote by thehardwayout
Nice haha how are the pickups? Thats my main concern. If i dont like them im going to purchase the Tex-mex's and slap those bad boys in there

The pickups are quite good actually, better than the tex mex's imo.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
funnily enough I have some tex me's in another. I like them both for different things. The tone is completely different from the tex mex strat. It's not very useful but... it's all down to preference. I'm an SRV fan big time so I thought tex mex's were the best PUPs ever when I got them but i've been re blown away by the Jap's original PUP's.

I'll be posting a clip soon so you can hear it!
looks like my mij 62 ri. shame you don't have the original neck, it's a sweet neck.

i wouldn't offer much over $275 for it as is. the pups are good imo.

even with the hard case.