hey my name is Arnon. I'm new to electric guitar. The thing is setting up amp is really confusing me and I can't really produce the sound that I like. I think because my amp doesn't have distortion. I think i will buy one effect pedal, so what brand is good and have reasonable price?( like$70-150).

by the way, my amp is Randall century 2000 Full size. anyone please tell me how to set up like green day or paramore?
if you're gonna buy a distortion pedal..i would buy a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal. it's about $40 and it's reliable. i have had one for about 3 years now and i CONSTANTLY use it and nothing has gone bad on it.
Quote by Zacky_Gates
if you're gonna buy a distortion pedal..i would buy a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal. it's about $40 and it's reliable. i have had one for about 3 years now and i CONSTANTLY use it and nothing has gone bad on it.

The DS-1 is a pretty bad pedal IMO. It's only good if you mod it. TS can you post a link to your specific amp?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
You say you don't think your amp has distortion? I can't really see the know descriptions but does it say distortion/gain/overdrive any where on the amp?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
alright from left to right. gain(normal) gain(overdrive) Master(overdrive) Treble, middle, bass,gain voicing, reverb. None of them say distortion.
The overdrive is your distortion
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
gain is your distortion knob.

Set the amp to the overdrive channel and turn the gain knob up. EDIT: fiddle with the gain voicing knob too, presumably it affects the overall type/style of distortion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?