I have a Jackson RR24 and its about 3 yrs old. I've never dropped it or played it hard or done anything bad to it. I've had it set up 2 times by someone who is "professional".

A buddy of mine who just got back from music school in LA told me to check this one guy out who makes guitars and has been fixing them for a long time. And this guy is the one who does all his mods to his guitars so my buddy has a lot of faith in him. So I figured I'd take my guitar to him since I was having a few issues with it and I needed a set up done anyways.

The problems I'm having with it is the input jack is making a little bit of noise so its prly just some bad wiring going on, easy fix.

Next, my G string is making a weird noise whenever I play it, like a weird worbling sound. Hard to describe, really noticeable when i play natural harmonics. This problem started around when I got the guitar back for the first time from the guy who set up my guitar.

So now the new guy who's setting up my guitar is letting me know whats going on with the set up and how its going through telephone and emails.

Today I get an email from him telling me that the weird sounding G string is because the truss rod is broken or the truss rod fittings are loose. He says its unlikely the truss rod is broken cause the fretboard is still straight.

Has anyone heard of this before. I can't believe how pissed I am.
I have a weird sounding open G because the trem springs resonate to that pitch, lol
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

hmm a couple weeks ago someone had a similar warbling sound and he solved it by just slapping on new strings....but idk if thats the case for you
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Droid11
He says its unlikely the truss rod is broken cause the fretboard is still straight.

A guitar can be dead straight with no truss rod or a relaxed truss rod. The truss rod is there to compensate for other 'errors' which just might not be there, if we were so lucky!

Quote by OliOsbourne
I have a weird sounding open G because the trem springs resonate to that pitch, lol

Yeah, I have one like that too. I haven't figured out how to deal with it yet.
^^

Cotton balls on the inside of the springs or foam inbetween the body and the springs.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I get that with my RR's with a FR all the time before I swapped the springs with these .
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!