Hey guys, one of my friends is in the market for a new amp.
He style is deathcore/death metal and hardcore or whatever it is called.
His budget is $2000 for head and cab. The closest city is Morgantown, West Virginia.
I know the Peavey 6505 and 5150 are good contestants
But give me some other options like Engl, Mesa, so on and so forth
He greatly relies on me for tone help and equipment set up
so I decided to come here because this area is not my specialty so to speak haha kinda of an oxymoron because I was in both a death metal and a hardcore band but strayed away from the br00talz

but anyway think you can give me a hand?
Last edited by Stryker636 at Apr 13, 2011,
Does that price include a cab as well, or is that a separate fund?
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$
I have spent many hours trying out a Mesa Dual Rec with an Ibanez Tubescreamer and love the tones I can get from it. Or course with that setup, he'll have to go used. The Engl Powerball is also nice, but seems to always have a bit of a scooped tone.

EDIT: http://morgantown.craigslist.org/msg/2284046045.html

I've tried this out as well, and it was a good amp, but I personally preferred the sound of the Dual Recto
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$
Last edited by pto654 at Apr 13, 2011,
I would say go for the Rectifier. I LOVE the Mesa sound for hardcore stuff.

However, my friend plays hardcore on a Krank Rev+ half-stack and he sounds incredible. If his budget's that high he should really try out a few amps and pick his favorite.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Yeah I know. He doesn't have a good ear so to speak. (scooped mids, treble, bass, presence full...yeah lol) I had to eq his amp for band practice, which is a line 6 head and cab. I will check the mesa out!!