So over the weekend, while I had the neck of my guitar off I decided to sand off the paint on the neck joint of my guitar. So I started sanding, and sanding, and sanding, and was getting no where. Then I got the "clever" idea to get a sharp razor blade and just shave off the paint. So I did, and it seemed to go much faster. Then I noticed I could get the blade underneath the paint, and chip off the paint (much faster). So that's what I did, and being the impatient idiot I am (not a good combination) I ended up cutting into the wood at some parts. In the end, I got all of the paint off the neck joint, but there were little "ditches" and lower areas where I dug out a bit off wood.

My question is, what would I do to fill those areas in and make the neck joint flat against the neck?
I make my own wood filler out of wood glue and really fine wood shavings.
Mix the 2 together till its about the consistency of peanut butter, maybe a little thinner. Like honey or something.

Thats my DIY solution.
Someone here may have a better option though.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 13, 2011,
Quote by Ippon
^ That sounds solid!

If you want it easy, Epoxy Wood filler. It won't expand or contract, very solid and easy to apply, then sand.

+1 for 2 part epoxy wood filler, that is actually what I use all the time.
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right
I'm going for a +1 on sawdust and glue cause its easier to match with the rest of the wood, but tbh you could use either.
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Quote by CodeMonk
I make my own wood filler out of wood glue and really fine wood shavings.
Mix the 2 together till its about the consistency of peanut butter, maybe a little thinner. Like honey or something.

Thats my DIY solution.
Someone here may have a better option though.

I do this too. Furniture, guitars, whatever. There really isn't a better solution. I am assuming the OP removed the paint to get better contact and resonance. What better resonance than to use the guitars own type of wood? The glue will mess with it a little but it would be better than anything else.