first of all, great little amp.
i was considering putting a extention cab under my little combo (10" speaker) with a new 12" speaker for a better bottom end, give it more projection, and perhaps make it alittle louder. but since the combo is only 5w, i am alittle confused when it comes to the specifics, so ill ask a couple questions:
say i swap the 30w speaker i have in the combo now with a 50w speaker. will it be louder? why or why not?
also, say i instead put the 50w speaker in the extention cab. will it need more watts in the head to drive two speakers, making them less loud? how does that work?
lastly, if i get an overdrive pedal, how will that effect the volume? should i get a higher wattage amp to avoid doing anything stupid?
thanks in advance!
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
A speaker swap may or may not give you a louder sound, depends on the out put of the speaker (db's), and yes it will drive the interal speaker and the external speaker toeather fine (make sure you match your ohm's)
The total pwer you can use is depending on the lowest rated speaker that you have (30 watt + 50 watt speaker equals 60 watt max signal not 80 watts) you can run a 4x12 cab with that amp not super loud at 5 watts but you can hear it full and clear.
an od pedal will boost you signal some so it will ad a little more vol.
you just jamming or giging?
just a amp for my apartment, but if i can work it out id eventually like to turn it into a gigging amp. can u explain the db thing a little more?

▼ but he is ▼
the db's are the measure of how loud a sound is. the speaker has a db rating and that tells the @ loudness th speaker will reach. therefore a speaker that is 30 watts but will produce 109 db's will be "louder" than a 100 watt speaker that produces 102 db's.
You can use a lower resistance speaker to make it louder. P = V^2/R, so the lower the resistance the more power you are putting into the speaker. Don't use a lower ohm speaker though, it'll destroy your amplifier if you push it too hard when it's not rated for that output power.
the db's are the measure of how loud a sound is. the speaker has a db rating and that tells the @ loudness th speaker will reach. therefore a speaker that is 30 watts but will produce 109 db's will be "louder" than a 100 watt speaker that produces 102 db's.

dB is a ratio. Are you comparing it to the smallest audible sound a human can hear?
u answered all my questions, thanks everyone!

▼ but he is ▼