hello UG am in the process of putting these two pickups on my ibanezrg321

Air norton(neck) + tonezone(bridge)

however ive never heard much of tones with these two other than few vids i barely managed to find on utube

If anyone have any knowledge on these two pickups review would be greatly appreciated
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said
I was on this quest for a while too since I've always wanted an Ibanez with a tonezone in it. I actually just ordered a Tone Zone and Air Norton combo today to put in my RG2550e so when it comes I'll post here.
I don't play through an RG, but I do play through an Ibanez with a AN in the neck and a ToneZone in the bridge.

DO IT.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
that combo seems very generic for Ibanez guitars but I'm sure that it sounds good nonetheless.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I've got the Air Norton in the neck position of my RG570. I don't really like it though. It's a bit bland and soulless. I haven't played on that guitar in ages.

My cousin had the Tone Zone in his RG570 and I really liked that pickup, from memory. He had a PAF Pro in the neck which was very nice too.
i believe the stock peavey wolfgang pickups are based on the tone zone and air norton. i have heard rumer that they are the same, just unbranded. but i am not going to debate that.

assuming that they are...

they are a really good pickup combination. the tonezone in the bridge sounds like a pissed off les paul burstbucker, and the air norton sounds really good, but is a little too creamy for optimal use in some amps.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Good pups. Tone zone might be a bit BASSY for a mahogany bodied guitar but i havent tried the combo. I do have a tz in my basswood rg though and it makes the guitar so phat (basswood is bit brighter tho)

I like my air norton as well. Probably one of my favourite neck pups its either that on the liquifire i havent really decided yet.
hey angus, your true velvet middle pickup, how is that in terms of volume output compared to the 2 humbuckers? I need something to replace my mid pickup with when these dimarzios get here and I want something that I won't have to put super close to the strings to get the same volume with. On the other hand I probably won't use it so much so I might just buy a cheap GFS single coil..
(Keep em coming)
I had that combo of pickups in my guitar before. I found the Tone Zone a little too dark (it was coupled with an already dark amp) but all the same it sounded pretty good. The Air Norton gives great clean tones especially when coil split. I found it to be pretty articulate and smooth.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Tone Zone is an extremely busy, in your face pickup - bassy, but not really what I'd call warm if that makes any sense. Quite a dry sound, very responsive and picks up a lot of what you're doing, can mud up if it's too close to the strings. Great for flashy lead playing as it's got a very dense tone with a massive mid-spike, great harmonics. Doesn't really do subtle, can't do cleans - not particularly versatile, but if you like to be the centre of attention it's great.

AIr Norton - don't really like it to be honest, the treble roll-off is too severe for my liking. It's a very modern sounding pickup, rounded even tone and like the Tone Zone quite dense, there's not a lot of space in the sound. To me what it excels at is shred, prog and fusion tones, that's what it's best suited to. Its certainly a nice-sounding pickup, I just personally prefer a little more treble response and a more organic sound.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well... what's your amp? I can tell you're only after those pickups because of Buckethead being in your sig.

A better amp will have a bigger impact on your tone.
PM to contact me -- For Sale:
ESP X-Tone series hard case
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Quote by Necronomicon
hey angus, your true velvet middle pickup, how is that in terms of volume output compared to the 2 humbuckers? I need something to replace my mid pickup with when these dimarzios get here and I want something that I won't have to put super close to the strings to get the same volume with. On the other hand I probably won't use it so much so I might just buy a cheap GFS single coil..

It works quite well i mainly used it because i saw it matched with the tone zone and air norton in the higher end ibanez (high end prestige/j-custom) so thought it'd be a good match.
Quote by jnukes2
Well... what's your amp? I can tell you're only after those pickups because of Buckethead being in your sig.

A better amp will have a bigger impact on your tone.

Vox vt20+
Quote by Marqway
Vox vt20+

Yeah... don't worry about pickups just yet. Keep practicing and saving your money until you can get something bigger and better.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by steven seagull
Tone Zone is an extremely busy, in your face pickup - bassy, but not really what I'd call warm if that makes any sense. Quite a dry sound, very responsive and picks up a lot of what you're doing, can mud up if it's too close to the strings. Great for flashy lead playing as it's got a very dense tone with a massive mid-spike, great harmonics. Doesn't really do subtle, can't do cleans - not particularly versatile, but if you like to be the centre of attention it's great.

AIr Norton - don't really like it to be honest, the treble roll-off is too severe for my liking. It's a very modern sounding pickup, rounded even tone and like the Tone Zone quite dense, there's not a lot of space in the sound. To me what it excels at is shred, prog and fusion tones, that's what it's best suited to. Its certainly a nice-sounding pickup, I just personally prefer a little more treble response and a more organic sound.

So my Tone Zone and Air Norton finally came and after putting them in and playing a bit I think seagull hits it on the head about the Tone Zone. It's very deep and sounds a little bit flatter than I thought it would. It doesn't have a lot of treble in it's cleans, which is a little bit disappointing as I'd hoped it would be a little more versatile. On the other hand, I do like the Air Norton quite a bit. It sounds sharp (in a good way) in the neck position and is loud compared to the Tone Zone. It's cleans are pretty good in my opinion and I find it to be rather versatile. All in all, I like these pickups but I just wish the Tone Zone had more treble to it.
Try swapping the pots out for 1 meg ones, I've been meaning to do it with my RG for ages but haven't got round to it - should allow a bit more top end to come through.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com