I'm not a big Floyd Rose guy, so I'd go with the Schecter. Both guitar companies are extremely reputable. Hard choice there bro.
Schechter is better in terms of build quality. And c1 is one sexy piece . . . Although i must say.. if that BC was of some ungodly shape, it might get difficult
The only reasons u might want to buy the BC : 1) Price 2) Trem
I had a Hellraiser C1-FR for 5 years, which is the same as that guitar + floyd rose. I liked it when I first bought it but I really started to hate it after a while. The EMGs are a bit too hot for anything but palm muted metal stuff and the neck was really fat. Make sure you really test out that neck before you buy it if you're considering that guitar.
Quote by TheMarrtyr13
I'm not a big Floyd Rose guy, so I'd go with the Schecter. Both guitar companies are extremely reputable. Hard choice there bro.

yeah. im stuck on whether or not i need a floyd. i also like the ebony fingerboard on the asm pro over the rosewood for the hellraise
Quote by nitarsh
Schechter is better in terms of build quality. And c1 is one sexy piece . . . Although i must say.. if that BC was of some ungodly shape, it might get difficult
The only reasons u might want to buy the BC : 1) Price 2) Trem

Im starting to lean more towards the schecter but now im stuck between the black and the red one
Quote by Necronomicon
I had a Hellraiser C1-FR for 5 years, which is the same as that guitar + floyd rose. I liked it when I first bought it but I really started to hate it after a while. The EMGs are a bit too hot for anything but palm muted metal stuff and the neck was really fat. Make sure you really test out that neck before you buy it if you're considering that guitar.

thanks, that actually sounds like exactly what im looking for in pickups, i dont really play anything in clean tone.

as for the neck, ive been playing on a les paul so im sure i could handle the thickness of the schecters neck
Quote by cfg1991
yeah. im stuck on whether or not i need a floyd. i also like the ebony fingerboard on the asm pro over the rosewood for the hellraise

A guy told me to "Avoid the Floyd" now I have a pro on one of my guitars and have completely blocked it off, tune too much to attempt to mess with it. I've always wanted an ebony board. I'm personally looking into a ESP/LTD Phoenix-1000 or the PRS Zach Myers Sig that have ebony boards, way out of my price range still, but a guy can always dream!
Quote by TheMarrtyr13
A guy told me to "Avoid the Floyd" now I have a pro on one of my guitars and have completely blocked it off, tune too much to attempt to mess with it. I've always wanted an ebony board. I'm personally looking into a ESP/LTD Phoenix-1000 or the PRS Zach Myers Sig that have ebony boards, way out of my price range still, but a guy can always dream!

yeah the alternate tunings is why im not sold on the floyd.

of course we can always dream! i dream of a USA jackson sl2h
Having owned basically both (I didnt have the hellraiser but an ATX Blackjack, off the BC's I had the fixed version of the ASM pro), I can pretty much state the following USEFUL pieces of info:

- BC Rich has a thinner neck, in my opinion much more comfortable than the Schecter C-1 neck which feels too round
- Schecter is archtop so its a bit less comfortable to play than the flat top BC - again, my personal opinion but the info is nevertheless there
- BC is a tad cheaper in most stores

If you're considering having just one guitar but like several different tunings, absolutely avoid FR systems.

Off the fixed bridge guitars available, I'd go ibanez because they use low profile bridges. TOM setup and superstrat shape are not a good combination in my opinion.
If you want an ebony-looking board that badly there's a guy on youtube that shows how to turn the hellraiser's fingerboard ebony. He basically just colours it in with a staining pen...
I just got my new Schecter v-1 hellraiser yesterday it's killer. Get the Schecter.