Me and my band want to play some Hair Metal style of music (Warrant, Motley Crue etc.), and are wondering how we can get that typpical Hair Metal sound.
No one of know anything about how to set up an amp and basically just mess around with it to get a good sound, but this is a kind of sound we've never been able to achieve....
For home practice i've got an old Peavy Rage and a Fender Frontman, A Boss ME-25 and my guitars is in the signature.
Anyone know how to do this?
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
Boost mids and highs.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
basically you want a really trebly tone with lots of edge and bite to it having the proper gear and amp would help a ton but i don't really know what you can do to replicate the tone.
As DarkMass said boost mids and high mids. An 80's guitar will help a tonne.

You can find old cheap 80's Kramers for next to nothing, if you wanna go that route.

For the bass player, I would suggest using a pick, light gauge strings and boost the mids. With him you want a shit tonne of attack, but not as much lows.

If that makes any sense.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by malmsteensolo
Turn everything up to 11!!!
(and play in the key of A and end with a face melting solo)

Sigged bitch
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
Last edited by xhisor at Apr 14, 2011,
Quote by Alucard817
As DarkMass said boost mids and high mids. An 80's guitar will help a tonne.

You can find old cheap 80's Kramers for next to nothing, if you wanna go that route.

For the bass player, I would suggest using a pick, light gauge strings and boost the mids. With him you want a shit tonne of attack, but not as much lows.

If that makes any sense.

+1 you can get a hair metal axes dirt cheap.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
grow some hair and keep it nice with some hairspray and shit. also the marshall jcm800 turned up all the way. fluor-colored charvel/kramer, leather pants. and learn the moves man.
here is the instructional video for the 80's moves.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AjQSM_vwCo
please note the conclusion as it is very important for hair metalz.

good luck brother!
Last edited by wolvenrick at Apr 14, 2011,
Get in touch with your feminine side. You know, tight leather pants, fancy hair, maybe a bit of lipstick...

Super Strat with hot pups, hot-rodded Marshall with boosted mods and highs, a bit of chorus here and there, etc.
I pride myself on my humility.
Hair metal is not about the guitar, or turning it up to eleven, it's about feeling your guitar, and feeliWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

*insert epic solo, with face full of emotion*
does your me25 have amp models? If it does, set it to the JCM model (UK 80s? probably be called something like that).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?