a buddy of mine has a kramer guitar that belonged to his uncle that he's trying to identify

its a cream colored strat shape

HSS pickup configuration, the pickups look like emg's but they're labeled designed by seymour duncan(not sure if they're the original pickups)

the humbucker is rotated slightly like a strat's bridge single coil

24 frets, dot inlays

bolt on neck

the headstock is black and is the same shape as the striker headstocks

its got a black floyd rose that's labeled "floyd rose II" on the plate by the bass-side knife edge

the plate where the neck is bolted onto is labeled neptune, NJ and its got some letters and the numbers 9315(if i remember correctly, 93 is right but im not sure about the 15)

anybody know anything about this guitar?

edit:

it looks exactly like this except its got 1 volume 1(or 2, cant remember) tone a 5 way switch, and a smaller 3 way switch that im pretty sure is a coil tap
Last edited by rickyj at Apr 14, 2011,
Pics would help.

However with the Neptune NJ being on the neckplate it sounds like it might be a US Kramer.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Alucard817

However with the Neptune NJ being on the neckplate it sounds like it might be a US Kramer.

lol i kind of assumed that already

unless neptune is a small town in korea im pretty sure NJ is new jersey
Im betting its a Stagemaster. Thats just a guess though so dont hold me to it cause thats the best guess I have for such little information.
Quote by Alucard817
Pics would help.

They put Neptune NJ on most all their guitars. Bad info to assume it's a US made Kramer. If you can get me a pics of the body,headstock and a complete serial number I can identify it for you.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Last edited by Air_Vengeance at Apr 14, 2011,
FRII is meant to be not that great. I haven't tried it, though.

have you tried the vintage kramer site? lots of info there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Air_Vengeance
They put Neptune NJ on most all their guitars. Bad info to assume it's a US made Kramer. If you can get me a pics of the body,headstock and a complete serial number I can identify it for you.

Not true. Kramer only put Neptune NJ on the neckplate for their US guitars and basses.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Alucard817
Not true. Kramer only put Neptune NJ on the neckplate for their US guitars and basses.

I think Air_Vengeance knows what he is talking about didn't you see his sig LOL. Just because they say Neptune NJ doesn't mean they are US made.

Here is the link TS for the page of neck plate Identification at the Vintage Kramer Forum. Atleast from that you should be able to tell what era it came from.

LINK
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Apr 14, 2011,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I think Air_Vengeance knows what he is talking about didn't you see his sig LOL. Just because they say Neptune NJ doesn't mean they are US made.

Here is the link TS for the page of neck plate Identification at the Vintage Kramer Forum. Atleast from that you should be able to tell what era it came from.

LINK

You do realize that link just proved my point right?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Alucard817
You do realize that link just proved my point right?

How do you figure?

The very first line says
"Here are examples of Kramer neckplates. Note, just because it says NEPTUNE, NJ on your plate, that does not mean it is an American Series Kramer Guitar."

It's just like my Schecter It says on the neck plate "Burbank California USA" And it has on the back of the headstock "Crafted in China SGR" I know it's not a Kramer but it is the same thing.
(Invalid img)
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Apr 14, 2011,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
How do you figure?

The very first line says
"Here are examples of Kramer neckplates. Note, just because it says NEPTUNE, NJ on your plate, that does not mean it is an American Series Kramer Guitar."

It's just like my Schecter It says on the neck plate "Burbank California USA" And it has on the back of the headstock "Crafted in China SGR" I know it's not a Kramer but it is the same thing.
(Invalid img)

Oh goddamnit.

I'll get you next time gadget....NEXT TIIIIIIME
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Alucard817
Oh goddamnit.

I'll get you next time gadget....NEXT TIIIIIIME

No biggy man I thought the same thing you did a while back.
Quote by Alucard817

hehe fail

I'm not the biggest authority on Kramer's but I do know them pretty well. You are always more then welcome to check out vintagekramer.com to get more info. I mean dude,it's like the first line in the link
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Quote by Air_Vengeance
hehe fail

I'm not the biggest authority on Kramer's but I do know them pretty well. You are always more then welcome to check out vintagekramer.com to get more info. I mean dude,it's like the first line in the link

Try reading the full thread. I have already admitted to my mistake.

Fail post is fail.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Alucard817
Try reading the full thread. I have already admitted to my mistake.

Fail post is fail.

I read it and still think it was too funny,Mr. I know Kramer's. What's that old saying?

"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"?
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt