Page 1 of 2
When did this become a crime?

Coming home from the club tonight, I shared a cab with this dude and his girlfriend. On the radio, ET by Katy Perry played and I told the cabbie to turn it up because I liked the song and the dude I caught the cab with told me "That song is gay. Why do you like such crappy music?"

What the hell is so bad about liking music that's played on the radio? I see it a lot on UG too, so I'll ask you guys.

What's wrong with mainstream music?

A lot of it is really catchy, except for the radio rock like Light House, Rob Thomas, or Coldplay which makes me want to shoot something.
It's not like we had a 1000 threads about this before, not at all, people like to feel superior when they bash popular music.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
lol TS likes Katy Perry's music ololololololol

Nah I don't mind some of the pop/chart songs have good beats and tunes.

I saw Bruno Mars doing an acoustic version of 'Grenade' (can't remember what show it was, some chat show) and that was ace
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Colgate Total
When did this become a crime?

Coming home from the club tonight, I shared a cab with this dude and his girlfriend. On the radio, ET by Katy Perry played and I told the cabbie to turn it up because I liked the song and the dude I caught the cab with told me "That song is gay. Why do you like such crappy music?"

What the hell is so bad about liking music that's played on the radio? I see it a lot on UG too, so I'll ask you guys.

What's wrong with mainstream music?

A lot of it is really catchy, except for the radio rock like Light House, Rob Thomas, or Coldplay which makes me want to shoot something.

Hm, did you still end up sleeping with him?

People have different tastes, and unfortunately some are vocal about what they don't like. Just ignore them.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Nothing, just don't go around acting like it's popularity gives it some sort of god status becuase that's usually what breeds the non-conformists.
So he didn't like the song. You're not Anne Frank.

EDIT: That came across more confrontational than I meant it to.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Apr 14, 2011,
I enjoyed music before it was mainstream.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
I don't mind mainstream music, but it's not something I go out of my way to listen to (not like I have to, since it's mainstream anyway!!JHufdhduifhsduihfusdhfsdf).

I like that Katy Perry song where she shoots out fireworks from her bewbs!
Quote by slash_GNR666
lol TS likes Katy Perry's music ololololololol

Nah I don't mind some of the pop/chart songs have good beats and tunes.

I saw Bruno Mars doing an acoustic version of 'Grenade' (can't remember what show it was, some chat show) and that was ace

Get out!
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
I don't mind mainstream music, but it's not something I go out of my way to listen to (not like I have to, since it's mainstream anyway!!JHufdhduifhsduihfusdhfsdf).

I like that Katy Perry song where she shoots out fireworks from her bewbs
!

Why don't I know about this, tell me.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Why don't I know about this, tell me.

this???

Quote by Greenie_777
Get out!

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Apr 14, 2011,
Music = subjective

If you like it, listen to it.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
oh... it's inbetween the breasts...

But my guilty pleasure is Katy Perry.
Last edited by BlacksailsTippa at Apr 14, 2011,
I'm with the guy in the cab, how can you like katy perry and hate coldplay?

I hate both of them but at least I can tolerate coldplay when a buddy of mine listens to em, however I can't stand ANY katy perry.
no
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by L.A.P.D.
I'm with the guy in the cab, how can you like katy perry and hate coldplay?

I hate both of them but at least I can tolerate coldplay when a buddy of mine listens to em, however I can't stand ANY katy perry.

Because Coldplay is whiny and shitty and sounds the same.

And Katy Perry has catchy music. Granted, I only listen to about 3 or 4 of her songs, but they're catchy! I just don't see what's so wrong with it.
Quote by Colgate Total

And Katy Perry has catchy music. Granted, I only listen to about 3 or 4 of her songs, but they're catchy! I just don't see what's so wrong with it.

Starting to think TS friend was just one of TS multiple personalities...

You can't whine about someone disliking a mainstream artist while you do the.exact.same.thing.
Quote by Colgate Total

I think both of them are whiny and all the songs sound the same

It would help if I liked their genres.
Quote by Colgate Total
Why not?

Because you're doing the same thing.

Incidentally, where in your story did the dude you shared a cab with say it was bad because it was mainstream? Maybe he just didn't like katy perry. Same way you don't like coldplay.
Naw, bro. People do it all the time.

And that's a good point. He never did mention mainstream per se; I just made the connection. But Katy Perry is not gay. If anything, liking a hot chick with big tits is completely ungay.
Quote by Colgate Total
Naw, bro. People do it all the time.

And that's a good point. He never did mention mainstream per se; I just made the connection. But Katy Perry is not gay. If anything, liking a hot chick with big tits is completely ungay.

Someone isn't in denial at all.
Katy Perry is the shit.
Coldplay sucks plagiarized dick.

CUZ BABY YOU'RE A FIIIIIIIREWORK!
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Colgate Total

You are in the same league as the taxi driver so stop whining. :/
TS, are you a homophobe?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by MaddMann274
You are in the same league as the taxi driver so stop whining. :/

You leave him out of this.
I don't like mainstream music, i prefer music that is different, such as Paul Gilbert and his newer albums, the greatest guitarist ever. I don't see Katy Perry topping his music (Thats not to say she's not bad, she's quite a good singer).

Indie Music = The way to go!
Quote by Naruto00121
I don't like mainstream music, i prefer music that is different, such as Paul Gilbert and his newer albums, the greatest guitarist ever. I don't see Katy Perry topping his music (Thats not to say she's not bad, she's quite a good singer).

Indie Music = The way to go!

You don't wear scarfs, listen to The Cure, and have thick rimmed glasses by any chance?

Quote by L.A.P.D.

We cool, bro.
Last edited by Colgate Total at Apr 14, 2011,
ITT:Trolls.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by MaddMann274
Then why did you bring him up?

Because he was driving me home.

You're thinking of the other dude.
You don't wear scarfs, listen to The Cure, and have thick rimmed glasses by any chance?

It just so happens I did but don't anymore, I don't listen to the cure (Never heard of them), I have never worn glasses. PG is the best.
Page 1 of 2