Been practicing pinch harmonics for a while now, however i cant get them like as perfectly as i want. Basically any little tips you can give would be helpful! For example any pedals that would make it easier or the squeals i hit sound better? Like a Metal zone pedal or a Tube Screamer, I play with a Fender Strat also!
well my pinch harmonic's dont ring out as much as for example zakk wylde's but i think thats just in the pickups and the amplifier. i play a gibson les paul with passive pickups and my amplifier is a hybrid marshall.
in your situation i'd guess the fender strat has weak pickups. and might be your amp too. what squealie sound are you after? brootalz metals squeal or like billy gibbons type.
When I play my stratocaster, I get pinch harmonics louder and longer than when I play my epiphone SG G400. It's kinda hard to do the harmonics at the SG (well, I think I'm just doing it wrong. haha).
But I noticed that when I increase the mediums on the eq, the pinch harmonics get better!
Some things will make pinch harmonics ring out longer or louder, but I can hear harmonics when I play unplugged. Having more gain will make them ring out, but you don't want to overdo it. If you're already using a fair amount of gain, then that's not your problem. Pedals won't really help you. I think the main problem is probably technique. Everything from the type of pick you use, to the way you hold the pick, to the way you attack the string will affect how well the PH rings out.

Just keep practicing them, and I'm sure you'll find them getting better.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by LucasSG
When I play my stratocaster, I get pinch harmonics louder and longer than when I play my epiphone SG G400. It's kinda hard to do the harmonics at the SG (well, I think I'm just doing it wrong. haha).
But I noticed that when I increase the mediums on the eq, the pinch harmonics get better!

Its you, My Epi G400 squeals like a pig.
Loads of vibrato! Shake the hell out of that string if you really want Zakk style pinches.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
If you hold the pick with your thumb and middle finger and use the tip of your index finger you can pinpoint all the specific parts of the string that will get you good harmonics on your particular instrument. Once you identify them all its easier to go back to normal pinch harmonics.
Quote by zeek7pc
Loads of vibrato! Shake the hell out of that string if you really want Zakk style pinches.

+1

That's it right there.

Fair amount of gain.

Fair amount of mids and treble.

Overdrive pedal as a boost (if you're using a tube amp) can help a lot too.

Bridge pickup (preferably humbucker). Guitar tone and volume knobs on full.

Aside from that, technique and wide vibrato. If you don't have the technique the gear won't help much, but if you do the gear and right settings will. If that makes sense.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dennis_SG
Its you, My Epi G400 squeals like a pig.

yea, the pickups on that thing are pretty Hot
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
also try different picks
my fav's are planet waves black ice mediums and dunlop tortex pitch black 1.14 mm
Thank you guys! To be honest when i hit the squeals they come out really nice so it should be alright when i get the technique down.