What do you guys think of this rig. Its my first leap into electric guitar.

Used Gibson Les Paul studio and Vox VT20+
Music i like to play, Classic rock, Reggae, Jazz

I am also considering a strat but i really really like the look and sound of the les pauls.

Im gonna be clean the majority of the time, may go a little distorted from time to time, but pretty much will never play metal with it.

Eventually I want to get a Fender Vibrolux amp but can't afford that setup right now.

What are your thoughts on the VT? Do you have any other amp suggestions for the music styles i listed?
The Valvetronix will cover that fine, it's a solid little amp.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
that's an awesome set-up to start your journey into electric guitar with. most people start out with starter kits and crappy practice amps but you've got something solid.

for the future the amp is a nice upgrade but i'd also put some p90's in the les paul, they work magic.
I prefer the humbucklers
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
Quote by wolvenrick
that's an awesome set-up to start your journey into electric guitar with. most people start out with starter kits and crappy practice amps but you've got something solid.

for the future the amp is a nice upgrade but i'd also put some p90's in the les paul, they work magic.

Yeah man ive always wanted an electric guitar. Alot of people have suggested a mexican strat which is still on the table, But I been checking Guitar center and im seeing that the studio les pauls are actually not that bad. Just a little more saving and I can get the guitar i really want so might as well go for that
Quote by Frank_Black
Humbucklers > humbuckers.

Thank you for your contribution,

OT: that amp will handle it just fine,
Well I bought my first guitar on Tuesday

Its an Amber Epi Les Paul with Grover tunners and a thin neck.

The guitar plays itself I just hold on to the neck. Its amazing and fits me perfectly. Thanks for the tips guys
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
The VT should indeed cover low to medium gain stuff easily. Happy playing
The vt will be fine for a first amp.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food