Well, the title kinda says it all. What are you using to get your tone like Dime's?
I like prog
I had a Randall RH100 once, which was pretty good for those high gain tones...
Together with a tight noise gate, a floyd rose guitar and some heavy bottom strings, you can get close.
He has high treble and low mids.

Gain 8/9
Bass 7
Mid 2
Treble 10. Try that for a dime soloing tone.
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at Apr 14, 2011,
well, they have the Dime amps out on musicians friend. They sounded pretty awesome. I think the 100 watt combo is like $500?
A Bill Lawrence l500xl bridge pup never hurt. Or a dimebucker if your cheap. Imo the dimebucker sounds like shit until I hit d standard tuning.
Always be atleast 1/4 step down, and there has always been that scooped mids argument, "Dime scooped mids-Dime didn't scoop mids" well they are both right. He used a eq before the pre-amp to scoop the mids, but then he added mids back in after the pre amp with a second eq. Don't ask me how I know this, just part of my useless Dimebag knowledge. Unfortunately a higher percentage of his sound is actually his ability to play the way he plays, and not the equipment, as much as we may try.
Last edited by cooper1965 at Apr 14, 2011,
Quote by cooper1965
Always be atleast 1/4 step down, and there has always been that scooped mids argument, "Dime scooped mids-Dime didn't scoop mids" well they are both right. He used a eq before the pre-amp to scoop the mids, but then he added mids back in after the pre amp with a second eq. Don't ask me how I know this, just part of my useless Dimebag knowledge. Unfortunately a higher percentage of his sound is actually his ability to play the way he plays, and not the equipment, as much as we may try.

Is there really such a thing as useless dimebag knowledge? At least when it comes to nailing his tone?

If it helps, I got a Boss Metal Zone pedal. I think with every knob turned up (including the mids), I got pretty close.
I like prog
I meant "useless" as in - even if I had his exact amp, in the same studio, with the same guitar , with the same guitar tech, I still would not sound like dime..
But no, there is no useless dime info as far as I'm concerned, thanks for pointing that out.
Crank treble to 10,bass 0, mid 0 and you are on the right path. A great player but,the mans tone was like nails on a chalk board.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
Crank treble to 10,bass 0, mid 0 and you are on the right path. A great player but,the mans tone was like nails on a chalk board.

For serious, I thouht I was the only one.
maybe if u google guitar world mag,he often stated what equipment he used although he wouldnt elaborate how it was all wired up lol,and yes his great sound has alot to do with how he played,that being said alot of interfaces have plenty of tones and plenty of nu metal bands have tried to rip off the pantera sound.